lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Hunting and Fishing
Hunting and Fishing Post all your hunting and fishing experiences here.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-23-2009, 09:52 AM   #11
Texas Boy
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: fall food plots

Yes sir, you're local county agent can help you. But here in TX we have to ship the soil sample off, & wait for results (could be a couple of weeks) The report will provide detailed instructions on "what" to apply... With the season fast approaching he doesn't have much time. It takes the lime longer to work (breakdown) than fertilizer. The tester I was referring to is made by Biologic and can be used over & over again. It's a probe you stick in the dirt & it gives you the PH level right then... Or you can pick up another type of tester at any flower & garden center for cheaper, but it's a one shot deal... If you have multiple plots you can combine the soil from each area, and then test it which would work just fine too...
Texas Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-27-2009, 07:13 PM   #12
Buford
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Here are some pictures of ours. Mostly wheat, but some turnips, clover, winter peas, and vetch. We got a couple inches of rain a couple days after planting. I went back two weeks later and green, green I think every wheat seed came up hard to tell on some of the rest.

[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]100_3654.jpg[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Buford
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_3647.jpg (102.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 100_3649.jpg (84.9 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 100_3650.JPG (189.1 KB, 1 views)
Buford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 07:08 PM   #13
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

I didn't test my soil this year. I usually do. Here in Georgia, take the sample to the extention office and a couple of weeks later you get the results by mail.
Buford, you want that wheat to come up first to where the deer will eat on it while the other seed has a chance to establish. Looking good.
buckmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:26 PM   #14
falconer_39
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

we have had so much rain in the past few month that i gave up on a food plot so i will be handing out life jacket to the deer this year so the dont drowned i was thinking about throwing some turnip seed out to see it that will do any good
falconer_39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Hunting and Fishing