lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Hunting and Fishing
Hunting and Fishing Post all your hunting and fishing experiences here.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-01-2009, 08:27 PM   #1
Shake&Bake
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Watch where you step!!!

Shake&Bake is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-01-2009, 10:06 PM   #2
falconer_39
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Watch where you step!!!

hey good find
did you eat it ? thats some mighty fine eating mostly if you cook it in beer batter
falconer_39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 08:08 AM   #3
SpoiledRotten
Conservatively Wild

E-Z-GO

I killed a 6' Timber Rattler one year after almost stepping on it. It didn't go in my frying pan, but a friend wanted it for eating... so I surely gave it to him. He said he soaks them in salt water for 3 days before any other preparation.
SpoiledRotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:30 AM   #4
falconer_39
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

that to get the game taste out of it i do deer the same way with lots of ice to keep it chilled the rattles taste like a cross between gator and frog legs to me but i have heard some folks say it taste like chicken to them but not to me
Old 11-02-2009, 11:51 AM   #5
Shake&Bake
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Never ate snake! But alot of people in this area do! On the deer meat, if you will let it hang in a cool place for about 3 days the blood drains out and its alot tender and less gamey. Be sure its cool enough no insects get to it. Ever wonder why you see cows and other animals hang for a couple of days? We will skin one and let it hang in the cooler for 3 to 4 days.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:07 PM   #6
falconer_39
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

yep this is so very true but i dont have a walk in cooler so i have to do it the old way cooler with salt and ice
Old 11-04-2009, 01:40 AM   #7
Shake&Bake
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

falconer, i just noticed where you are from.I was raised in Bankston, just east of Fayette. I also own the store (SANFORD'S) that is there. Small world!!
Old 11-04-2009, 10:22 AM   #8
falconer_39
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

hey shake and bake

yes it is a small place we live in and like your id said get you some shake & bake the chicken kind and that work great for rattlers too have not tryed the beef or fish on the rattler yet lol i have almost whipped them out on my property
let me tell you what happen to me 10 years ago i was hunting with a male harris hawk one of my best hunting bird anyway he saved my life we were hunting squirrels and i step over a huge fallen tree when i step over the tree i heard the thing buzzing like crazy when it started i knew right away what it was and i knew i was stuck stradling the big tree with a very peed off rattler just under the tree i didnt have my chapps on because it has been very cool for the last few day and i thought it was safe anyway i was a little over 2 miles in the wood behind my house and know if i moved i might get a very bad bite and that far from home would more and likey kill me so i called out for my fine feathered friend i started yelling ho ho ho but he was already in he tree about 20 feet from me bobing his head looking for where that noise was from suddenly he left the tree and came in like a rocket wings folded and hit the snake hard grabed it then pulled it from under the tree draged it a few feet then let it go i got the heck out of the way safely then dusty started his dance with the snake wing wide open like a bull fighter does his red cape i didnt have any kind of gun so i grabed a stick to beat the snake with but my little buddy done kill the snake so from now on i wear my chapps and will always thank god for giving me a tough little hunting bird
Old 11-04-2009, 10:49 AM   #9
EZ-GOnewild
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Wow! That's some bird right there.
EZ-GOnewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 12:03 PM   #10
falconer_39
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

yep he was one of a kind it was always fun hunting with him
i laught so hard at him one day till tear was running down my face and my cheeks started hurt from laughing so long it was the first time he every ran into a armadillo he was standing on the armadillo it was rolled into a semi ball shape with dusty grabbing at it and slide off its back he would jump back on it back grab at it again and look at me as if he was say dude i cant grab what ever this thing is come help me he looked like a tap dancer grab grab grab stop look at me the start grabing again and looking to me for help
he done that for about 15 minutes after i got off the ground from rolling around from laughter i called him off of it and looked for more game
it was so funny i sure miss my little buddy
the avatar picture i have on here is my last falcon that was a deadly hunter
he would out fly dove and quail from the fist
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Hunting and Fishing