lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Melex

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-19-2010, 06:15 PM   #1
DJA10
Not Yet Wild

Default Another battery charging question

A newbie here but know a bit about batteries not Melex carts. I just changed out the batteries (and several cables) on a late 1980's Melex cart and the dash battery meter has a solid red bar lit at the top of the meter. Did I mess something up while cleaning the last year's worth of neglect? Last year when I found the cart for my brother-in-law, we could tool around on it for over an hour before the battey meter dropped to the lowest green bar and the batteries were 5 year old T-605 Trojans. He did NO maintenence, did not even lift the seat so it was quite a mess I cleaned up this morning.
In the past the top bars were always green and only lately did the red bars light and they were at the bottom. I did plug in the charger, amp rate started at around 20+ and dropped to 12 within in 2 hours but red bar did not change to green. Not being sure if there is a problem I unplugged the charger (I know that's a no no). Cart is in an aircraft hanger 35 miles away, so better safe than sorry.
I'll go back tomorrow morning if I get some advice today.
DJA10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Melex