lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-14-2009, 09:19 AM   #1
hammer322
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Will these shocks work

Has anyone tried these shocks ? (Monroe Load-leveler shocks They feature a variable rate spring, and aluminum collars for added strength. These shocks can help provide up to 1,100 lbs. of additional load carrying capacity ) I have a 1996 gas club car with a 6 inch spindle lift , I was thinking about getting these shocks . I will have 4 and sometimes 6 people on the cart . after searching the net it says to use the rear shocks from a 1976 chevette , that is what these will fit ,The one on the bottom would be for my 1996 club car . Thanks Jim
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shocks.jpg (15.7 KB, 17 views)
hammer322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-14-2009, 09:44 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Will these shocks work

Let us know how this works out 4 U
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:31 AM   #3
Gone Wild
Club Car

Those shocks might work, have you considered heavy duty leaf springs, I have nearly 900lbs on my cart and it only sinks about an inch. However, the leaf springs will add about 2" of more lift to the rear. But if you are not wanting to go higher i would suggest the shocks. The pic on here shows the hieght difference between a 6" lift with hd springs and without. The one on the left is my cart.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SSPX0195.jpg (64.0 KB, 32 views)

Last edited by 10507581; 04-14-2009 at 10:40 AM.. Reason: shoes to shows
10507581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 02:37 PM   #4
dirtracer27x
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

get on ebay and type in buggy shocks,there is acouple that should work,under 60 bucks two
dirtracer27x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 06:45 PM   #5
kola
Not Yet Wild

If you do go with the Load Levelers, please share your experience with them. I used the Monroe Matic shock (part #32126) with a 6 inch lift on my 1986 Club Car with a rear seat. I didn't want the harsher ride of heavy duty springs. I'm curious how stiff the ride with the Load Levelers would be.
kola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 06:36 PM   #6
dropzone
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I used a set of gabriel red rider heavy duty shocks and helper springs from auto zone. They are 19.01" long expanded with a 6.66" stroke. ther on a G2 with a 12" lift . you can adjust the springs for the ride you want with a spring compresor. they work really well for me. Nice soft ride and they can carry any thing I need.
dropzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 07:33 PM   #7
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by dropzone View Post
I used a set of gabriel red rider heavy duty shocks and helper springs from auto zone. They are 19.01" long expanded with a 6.66" stroke. ther on a G2 with a 12" lift . you can adjust the springs for the ride you want with a spring compresor. they work really well for me. Nice soft ride and they can carry any thing I need.
Post up some pics!

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts