lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-12-2017, 05:40 PM   #1
bigdaddy1881
Not Yet Wild

Default Battery Questiono

I just purchased my first cart. It is 13 Club Car precedent. It has (6) 8 volt batteries in it. My question is what is the minimum voltage the batteries can go to before charging to prevent damage to the batteries?
There is an amber light that the dealer told me comes on when there is only 20% usable voltage in the batteries. Is this true? If so what voltage triggers the light to come on?

Thank you all in advanced.
I am sure I will have many more questions as I am a newbie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bigdaddy1881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-12-2017, 06:03 PM   #2
Kashmir
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Battery Questiono

First of all, Welcome to BGW!
Secondly, read this....
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...batteries.html

Know it, learn it, live it

Get a digital volt meter to keep an eye on your pack at all times, They are cheap and the knowledge of knowing where your pack is at anytime is worth the price.
Get one here:
http://www.cartsunlimited.net/battery-meters.html

and finally, print this off and keep it handy.
I plug my cart in at 48.7 volts (between 50 and 60%)

Kashmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 06:04 PM   #3
Kashmir
Gone Wild
Club Car

^^^
Old 07-12-2017, 08:43 PM   #4
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Kash is right on the voltages. Do not go below 50% if you want to make them last. 20% is a joke. Digital meter is a must. There are wires behind the dash near the useless orange light already for this. However, they are hot all the time and will drain the batteries slowly. You can put a tap on the key switch and use the ground wire in the pair for the other lead. They make taps that slip over the post so you do not have to cut any wires.

BTW, FLA batteries perform better if they are always kept charged. When you park the cart, plug it in. Always.
Gregorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 06:21 PM   #5
bigdaddy1881
Not Yet Wild

Kash and Greg, Thank you for the help and charts. I do have a dream for checking the voltage with a meter. What do you recommend for a permanent meter I can mount to the dash?
I also like the idea of taping the key switch and using one of the of the wires already there for the ground.

Old 07-13-2017, 06:23 PM   #6
Kashmir
Gone Wild
Club Car

http://www.cartsunlimited.net/battery-meters.html
Old 07-13-2017, 06:29 PM   #7
bigdaddy1881
Not Yet Wild

Should be DVM not "dream". Gotta love autocorrect 🤡

Old 07-13-2017, 06:34 PM   #8
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

LOL - yeah love the autocorrect fails! I have tried several meters including the one Kash posted. It is good and bright plus it is from a forum sponsor! I am currently running one that came with my Lithium battery pack. Whatever route you take, be sure to check it against another meter at a couple different pack voltages. I bought one on fleabay and it was close at 48v but way off as voltage dropped. That was $6.99 I'll never see again.
Gregorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 06:39 PM   #9
Kashmir
Gone Wild
Club Car

We all have dreams.....you're dreaming of a volt meter was a little odd I thought....
but no more odd than my dream of buying a humidifier and a de-humidifier and putting them in the same room to battle it out...

Check out scotty's website. His volt meters are top notch.
Old 07-13-2017, 06:44 PM   #10
bigdaddy1881
Not Yet Wild

Thank you again. Is Scotty's web site http://www.cartsunlimited.net/battery-meters.html

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car