lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-08-2013, 10:18 PM   #1
Smartluck
Not Yet Wild

Default DS Radio Comes on By Itself

Last year I installed, with the help of many threads on BGW, a head unit in the storage compartment on my 92 DS with speakers mounted in the kick panel. I didn't have any problems until recently when the radio would turn off when I pressed the gas pedal, but come right back on. Again, through the help of BGW, I determined it was a bad voltage regulator and replaced as necessary.

This leads me to today, since installing the new voltage regulator, my head unit will suddenly come on. This happens both when I am moving and when the cart is just sitting. I'm not sure what the issue is, as I checked the S/G, Voltage Regulator, battery, and grounds and everything seems to check ok.

I didn't wire it through the key switch or install any toggle switch as I just use the power on/power off button on the radio itself.

Oddly enough, I have yet to have the head unit turn off on its own since installing the new voltage regulator.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Smartluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:25 PM   #2
crash test dummy

Default Re: DS Radio Comes on By Itself

seems crazy but mine did that a few times .. 3am full volume !!!
does yours have a remote ? mine seemed to get a signal from a near by car alarm being set .. i have gone to an old style non-digital radio
Old 09-09-2013, 10:19 PM   #3
Smartluck
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: DS Radio Comes on By Itself

Mine does not have a remote. I am thinking it may be a grounding issue. I have the power and ground run straight from the battery. Maybe, I can ground to the frame?
Smartluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car