lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Hunting and Fishing
Hunting and Fishing Post all your hunting and fishing experiences here.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-20-2019, 01:54 PM   #1
70oldsracer
Gone Wild

Default 2019 trail camera pics

Let's see those prospects for the upcoming 2019 hunting season. I'll start it off with some decent bucks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PICT0056.JPG (109.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 07030217.JPG (131.4 KB, 0 views)
70oldsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 08:04 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: 2019 trail camera pics

Maybe I'm less of a "man" for saying it, I just dont understand why anyone would want to kill something as peaceful and elegant as a deer. Not like they do anything bad...

Hogs and stuff I can sorta understand. They are dangerous and destructive but deer?

Obviously I'm not a hunter
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 11:58 PM   #3
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Maybe I'm less of a "man" for saying it, I just dont understand why anyone would want to kill something as peaceful and elegant as a deer. Not like they do anything bad...

Hogs and stuff I can sorta understand. They are dangerous and destructive but deer?

"Peaceful and elegant?" Sounds like you should be judging fashion shows and not what us hunters do.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 12:41 AM   #4
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post

Here is something "peaceful and elegant" I'm sure you can relate to. Nobody is judgemental here. Whatever you like. Just ain't got nothing to do with us hunting. If you don't like it why did you feel like judging us hunting deer?

Start your own thread about elegant and peaceful deer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190828_013002079.jpg (234.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-27-2019, 10:52 PM   #5
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Because they taste good.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 01:12 AM   #6
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70oldsracer View Post
Let's see those prospects for the upcoming 2019 hunting season. I'll start it off with some decent bucks.
Nice!
Old 08-28-2019, 07:43 AM   #7
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

There is also the issue of controlling population. In most parts of the country there are no longer enough natural predators (other than us humans) to keep the population in check. It is an unfortunate thing, that life depends on death. It is the natural order of things.
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 09:04 AM   #8
jclark138
Runs with scissors-

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBHC View Post
There is also the issue of controlling population. In most parts of the country there are no longer enough natural predators (other than us humans) to keep the population in check. It is an unfortunate thing, that life depends on death. It is the natural order of things.
To each his own
The balance is upset by us, and we need to make some effort to correct it, or nature will make its own correction- and we won’t like the result.
The Kiabab Plateau in Northern AZ has some species unique to the area, ( a specific deer for one) so to protect it, hunting was outlawed. Within two years the population was large enough ( no predators) that they were all starving - not enough feed to sustain the herd. So feed ( not their normal feeder course) was air-dropped to save the deer. Managed hunting has been in place again , and so far seems to be good for the last 25 years or so.
My two-cents$
jclark138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 02:58 PM   #9
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclark138 View Post
To each his own
The balance is upset by us, and we need to make some effort to correct it, or nature will make its own correction- and we won’t like the result.
The Kiabab Plateau in Northern AZ has some species unique to the area, ( a specific deer for one) so to protect it, hunting was outlawed. Within two years the population was large enough ( no predators) that they were all starving - not enough feed to sustain the herd. So feed ( not their normal feeder course) was air-dropped to save the deer. Managed hunting has been in place again , and so far seems to be good for the last 25 years or so.
My two-cents$
I'm not quite sure if your agreeing with managed hunting or not. It's the responsibility of State Game Agencies to issue a given number of license or tags to keep game populations under "control" or given numbers. This is done to avoid wild game from over browsing and thus, not having enough food to sustain a given population of wild animals.

Game numbers taken are controlled by Game Agencies dividing up areas....and then limiting the number of days hunting can take place in those areas. There is a direct correlation between hunting days and animals taken.

Here in Pennsylvania, hunters (myself included) kill, take, harvest....call it what you want, about 350,000 whitetail deer....buck and doe. The remaining deer population is sufficient to sustain those harvest numbers. If hunting were halted I can't even image not only the starving deer that would die, but the deer\vehicle accidents that would occur.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 03:53 PM   #10
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Why shoot a deer?
Well, that can partly be a matter of perspective. It can also party be a matter of that some people enjoy the taste of the meat. Contrary to what some people may believe, the majority of hunting is not done for sheer sport. Quite a lot of people depend on meat from hunting to help sustain their families during certain seasons. Especially people who do labor jobs where the work may be seasonally dependent.

The area I live in is largely lower income, blue collar population. Deer are quite prevalent here, but many of the people in this area do hunt and as mentioned above, many of them do rely on meat harvested from hunting. Go about two hours north of here into the Northern VA area, and there is a much larger human population, but many fewer hunters, and many of the municipalities do not allow hunting of any kind. This means there are high populations of deer that feed on what they can eat in peoples yards. Yet they still starve due to gross over-population. The numbers of deer laying dead on the side of roads there is ridiculous, and what little meat may be on those deer essentially goes to rot in the ditch because no-one eats them. State and county expenses are in the millions $$ to pay crews just to drive around all day and collect deer and animal carcasses. There are limited population control hunters who are hired to thin out herds in some areas, but they can only do so much, and hunting is only allowed in very small areas.

Is it more of a crime to allow them to starve, be run over by cars, and then tossed in a pit and buried?
Or to be allowed to feed and grow naturally and harvested for consumption by people who will use the meat for survival?

Not trying to jump on anyone's case, but hoping to seed/grow a better understanding of the subject.

Plus we're off-topic...
But back on topic, I just got a new camera I need to set up. There's a few coyotes that I'd like to have a run at this fall. And a couple really nice sized bucks that I saw a few weeks ago that I'd like to get a closer look at. And Turkey season is coming up and I know there's some big toms running around out here too.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Hunting and Fishing