lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-02-2013, 03:32 PM   #1
brinkkl2000
Not Yet Wild

Default 93 Club Car Limit switch wiring

Hi guys, got a little bit of a mess here. Someone dropped of their Club Car to get working properly again... battery was dying after a while. After some scratching of my head I found that he had wired the starter generator backwards and the VR is fried. I put another VR in and the cart wouldn't even turn over, thought it was a bad one, so I pout another new one in, but still got the same results. Hooked up the old one and the cart fired up. Don't know what that is about, so that may be problem A.

The gentleman called me today and asked how it was going and I told him the story at which point he asked me about those switches and said maybe he didn't get all the wires back in the right place. Wish people would give me all the info the first time. Anyway, I am no stranger to wiring diagrams, but looking at the one for my cart I am having trouble wiring up the bottom limit switch. It has 3 poles on it and if I am reading the diagram right, there is only 2. I am talking about the switches near the solenoid, not the ones up front. I do have 2 white/ black wires that are crimped in the same connector, and now I am wondering if he did this himself. Should they be together or apart on their own post?

Maybe kind of vague, but I don't know how to better describe it. Thanks for any help.
brinkkl2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-02-2013, 04:57 PM   #2
clubcar5
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 93 Club Car Limit switch wiring

here a picture of mine from my 93' - might help....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wiring GC.JPG (934.8 KB, 0 views)
clubcar5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:45 PM   #3
brinkkl2000
Not Yet Wild

Thank you very much for the picture, it helps a lot to figure out where the wires are supposed to go. However, I wired mine up exactly like yours and I get nothing. The cart wont even crank over.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:56 PM   #4
crash test dummy

from my service manual

93~94 club car gas wiring diagram

make sure micro switchs are working
Old 10-03-2013, 01:30 PM   #5
clubcar5
Gone Wild

Club Car

My solenoid will work intermittently before I final replaced it. Sometimes it would fire right up, other days I would have to slap the gas pedal a few times to get it to turn over. have you checked the fuses? just a thought....
Old 10-04-2013, 10:55 AM   #6
brinkkl2000
Not Yet Wild

So, things are still not looking in my favor. Here is what I am getting.
12.56V at the battery without the cart running. If I hook up the old regulator, the cart will start and run fine, but I will only get 12.00V at the battery. This is what is making me think the VR is bad. If I leave the old regulator in and disconnect the field wire, the starter will try to turn over but then it just gives up, I get the same situation if I try to ground the field wire to check output.
If I leave everything else hooked up the way it is supposed to but install the new regulator the starter will do nothing. Everything is hooked up according to the picture above and according to the wiring diagram. All fuses are good and the ground is good and solid too. Limit switches seem to be working they way they are supposed to as well, based on using a continuity tester. What else am I missing??? Is there a way to test the generator or the VR that I am not doing?
Starter/Gen has been recently rebuilt too, and all the brushes look good.
Old 10-04-2013, 12:21 PM   #7
brinkkl2000
Not Yet Wild

one more thing I just noticed. As I was walking up on the cart I noticed a Green/White wire dangling underneath the cart. I do not see a green/white wire on any of the diagrams though. I see it goes back to the black box and into the fuse block. It looks like it goes to the farthest position toward the back. It does have voltage to it at all times.
Old 10-04-2013, 02:27 PM   #8
crash test dummy

could be tail light wire
Old 10-04-2013, 02:28 PM   #9
clubcar5
Gone Wild

Club Car

I just checked and I have no green/white wire coming from or two the black box.
Old 10-04-2013, 03:30 PM   #10
brinkkl2000
Not Yet Wild

Solved!!!! Thanks for the input guys. After hours of scratching my head it boiled down to a pretty easy fix, and kind of a rookie mistake/ oversight.

Bad grounds were the culprit. I pulled the battery and cleaned off all the ground terminals and ground contact points, put it back together and was charging at 14.4V!

As for the green/ white wire. I have no idea but I don't think it is anything major. Backup buzzer doesn't work, so maybe it is that.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car