lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-05-2013, 01:06 PM   #1
Scooter B
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Any feedback on Duro Red Eagle Tires?

What's up guys? I haven't been around much lately, got a new job that allows me ZERO time to sit at a desk and play on the internet.
I'm looking at a set of Duro Red Eagle tires, very hard to beat the price, thinking of stepping it up to 24's How do they hold up to 50/50 street dirt use? The pavement ate up my Sahara's pretty quick. I know Chevy ran these for a while, anybody else?

Thanks.
Scooter B is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-05-2013, 01:25 PM   #2
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Any feedback on Duro Red Eagle Tires?

I've been thinking about a set of the Duro Red Eagles from Rocky Mt ATV too. Besides the good price, the issue I have is the Douglas rims on my cart are only 10" in diameter.... pretty tough to find 25" ATV tires for a 10" rim. I suppose I could upgrade the rims too & I get a lot more tire options, but I'm OK with the rims I have & that would just drive the cost way up.
Pretty good reviews on the Rocky Mt ATV site, but everyone says their a great value & never comments on how they wear, traction, etc..

Another option for me is the ITP Mudlites. I'll be interested to hear what others have to say about them.
AirJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:38 PM   #3
Scooter B
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm in the same boat. I went with 10" wheels at first because I liked to have some "meat" to the tire. I have 22x11-10 tires now, I'm looking at the 24x11-10. The ATV guys around here are not big fans of the mudlights for extreme mud conditions, not sure about everyday use.
Scooter B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:44 PM   #4
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Lot of people have run mudlites because they are smooth on the road. They do wear of course, as would a similar tire. If you do a lot of roads likely not the best choice. If you ride mud and roads its a great compromise.

I like some tire too, not really liking the low profile off road tires. I've run over stuff I should not have like rocks and branches and know I would have popped a wheel with low profile tires. But I have 8" douglas wheels, 3+5 offset. Also like the wider 8" wide wheel the tire is fatter that way. They don't steer the best in the snow but not sure slimmer tire would anyway. They do float over sand and stuff like nothing.

That tire looks similar to a mudlite. Mudlites were the rage for years on carts. Usually the more tread hitting the ground the better they wear....why a car tire is near all tread on the ground. The less knobs the faster they wear but better traction off road. I'm a believer in knobbies for all around conditions. Tires like the 489 and similar even this red eagle are sort of knobby tires.

Personally I like the Duro Power Grip style tire (or bighorns, trilobites) and might get that next, but I ride wooded trails and roads (unpaved) and sand, but not much mud. They are sort of a knobby too, or some that style are. Have to say the mud tires look the coolest lol. I can't run mud tires because I drive on a lot of yards and can't tear them up.

I see some tires like the ITP Blackwater Evolution and the Bajacross (or sti roctane) that are a cross between a big knobby and a road tire. A lot of UTV ride roads to get to trails and want some wear but still hit the trails and mud. They look interesting but many are radials not sure I need those on my cart or the cost of them. They might handle better not sure.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts