lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-04-2020, 05:51 PM   #1
Littleg15uk
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

Default Par car 1992 carb throttle drawing

The par car has a new carb already fitted when I got it but the throttle cable is not connected to it. I downloaded the manual but it isn't very clear how the throttle cable should be connected or if it even has the correct or a suitable alternative carb fitted. When I press the gas pedal it does seem to increase the revs a little but if I move the lever on the top of the carb it does nothing.
Help.".............
Littleg15uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-06-2020, 09:15 AM   #2
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Re: Par car 1992 carb throttle drawing

It's critical to envision how the Par Car carbs work.

With most carbs, when you push the accelerator the cable will pull the carb's butterfly open thus increasing revs. With Par Car carbs are opposite. When you push the accelerator the cable pushes the carb's butterfly open.

Par Car carbs are sprung to open meaning that, a new one out of the box with nothing acting of them are wide open at rest. The attaching the throttle cable actually pulls in closed.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 05:20 PM   #3
Littleg15uk
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

So the carb that’s on it now is a mokini cheap Chinese crap. It does spring open if no cable attached. It runs like a bag of hammers and nobody seems to have a good word for the mokini carbs. Any suggestions for a better option. I know the walbro WU10 is no longer available. Thanks
Old 01-25-2020, 12:48 PM   #4
Lochlin
Gone Wild

I have had to try a couple of different kung paos to find one that works right. 82-87 EZ Go carbs will bolt right onto your cart. You will just have to flip the throttle butterfly and re-route your choke cable. Unless you luck into an OEM somewhere, though, you will still be getting a moo shoo brand. At least you will have options, though.
Old 01-26-2020, 04:50 PM   #5
Littleg15uk
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

Smile Re: Par car 1992 carb throttle drawing

I found a genuine Walbro’s whl-10-1 which I think is right, brand new on eBay.
Old 01-27-2020, 07:42 AM   #6
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Awesome. Really, those carbs have a very standard bolt pattern for that era. In theory, just about carb that will bolt up to the intake can be made to work.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar