lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-14-2019, 07:05 PM   #21
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: G2 cutting out while driving

I cant say for sure without looking at the stock wiring diagram. My cart the harness was completely hacked up so I ran my.own wires and made my own harness. I found it easier that way. That's why my diagram shows where the wires go to, and doesnt reference the OEM ignitor connector at all

If anyone happens to know the part number for the female receptacle connector (the one on the ignitor itself) I could probably make some plug-and-play harnesses for the Chrysler conversion...
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-14-2019, 07:26 PM   #22
Kob716
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
I cant say for sure without looking at the stock wiring diagram. My cart the harness was completely hacked up so I ran my.own wires and made my own harness. I found it easier that way. That's why my diagram shows where the wires go to, and doesnt reference the OEM ignitor connector at all

If anyone happens to know the part number for the female receptacle connector (the one on the ignitor itself) I could probably make some plug-and-play harnesses for the Chrysler conversion...
I ended up taking the dart igniter back off and putting oem back in with butt connectors and now the cart tops out at 12mph rather than the 5-6 that it was. The clutch doesn’t look open to me and doesn’t seem to be opening as it should is there a way to live it? I’m stumped with this **** thing would clutches make it actually limit out and cut out like it is? Anyway I attatched a pic of the clutch and the female bullets I used as well
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3962D8D0-0291-461A-A848-913753646953.jpg (195.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg BC62111E-D54C-4D30-9DDA-A30F226E88A1.jpg (178.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 13BBC42F-DD8C-4DE4-97C5-6D1DEDBD64C9.jpg (266.7 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Kob716; 07-14-2019 at 09:16 PM.. Reason: Pics
Kob716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 09:14 PM   #23
Kob716
Not Yet Wild

Another pic of the clutch on the inside, didn’t see anything broken but it’s been sitting and the rust tells me it’s definitely not engaging... is there anyway I can’ try and free this before spending $200 on a new one I don’t want to have a lot into this thing it’s just a beater
Old 07-14-2019, 09:59 PM   #24
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

You can probably find a used one here for pretty cheap.

Just looking at that clutch, I dont know that it would be worth trying to rebuild. I'd just pick up a decent used one, I've seen them here in the buy/sell section for around 50 bucks. Post a wanted ad I'm sure someone has one laying around.
Old 07-15-2019, 07:03 AM   #25
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Those clutches don't have too many moving parts. If you can get it off and disassembled, you can clean it up and reuse it. All that corrosion will come off if you put some work into it. If the sheave face is pitted, then that's a different story, it would have to me machined true. The 94c style clutches just have some plastic "pucks" that move with centrifugal force to close the sheaves. If you can get it cleaned up enough for the pucks to slide it should shift out.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 07:06 AM   #26
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Actually, I have one of those sitting in my barn. It's a CPP 94c style clutch, look on their website. If you're interested PM me.

https://www.cartpartsplus.com/perfor...hi-perf-clutch

In the pic it has the big metal cover installed. Underneath it looks just like what you have.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 05:02 PM   #27
Kob716
Not Yet Wild

So little update on this whole thing, I’m going on vacation to the beach so been trying to get it going to take with there. Still goes about 12 but I’m gonna live with it until I get back. The clutch seams to be wearing in no more rust on it but probably needs live but doesn’t seem to have a zerk on it and the popping when it limits is definitely my exhaust as it’s cracked pretty good.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg B163C10C-D28E-4950-ACFC-E44178D05A04.jpg (131.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg A59729D4-8BE5-4C5B-88FF-D8AA678EBE0D.jpg (145.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-18-2019, 05:15 PM   #28
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I'd get a new (OEM or plowmans) belt before you go. Looking at the dry rot cracks it's not going to last very long. Wouldnt want to be on vacation and have it leave you stranded somewhere when it breaks!
Old 07-22-2019, 09:29 AM   #29
Kob716
Not Yet Wild

Well I got a new belt on the way just Incase and I welded up the crack in the exhaust, took it up to the beach once and ripped around and it died unexpectedly, will start after it cools off but runs really rough and Backfires and only runs for a minute then goes sluggish til it dies out.Pretty sure this things cursed or it hates me ��
Old 07-22-2019, 09:53 AM   #30
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Check spark when it dies out. Sounds like a pretty typical coil or ignitor failure. You can test the coil easy enough, should have around 1-1.5 ohms between the 2 spade terminals. Unscrew the spark plug cap (it just screws on) the cap should have about 5k ohms from the screw to the receptacle that clips onto the spark plug. And you should have approx 8-10k ohms from one of the spade terminals to the end if the wire where the cap.screws into the spark plug wire.

I dont have the service manual in front of me, it's easy enough to find for exact resistance measurements. These are just approximations but should be in the ballpark.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha