lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-07-2017, 11:27 AM   #11
MichiganBob
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Electrical Short to Chassis

Ok...To close this item out..Here is what I found.

The 6th battery in the chain was fairly hard shorted to the chassis. What I mean by hard shorted is this:

Taking a wire from the 1st battery negative terminal to chassis would cause sparks and loud popping each time I touched chassis. Enough to almost weld probe to chassis. Not a ghost voltage.

I removed 6th battery and cleaned all surfaces of 6th battery and mounting area around battery.

Re-installed 6th battery and now I have a ghost voltage that floats between 36v and 42V.

Just as scottyb explained ghost voltage it has little or no amperage. Now when a wire from the 1st battery negative terminal to put to chassis it doesn't cause any sparks or popping noises.

Because some ghost voltage still exists means the rest of the batteries need to be cleaned.

Thanks for everyone input...
MichiganBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-08-2017, 08:38 AM   #12
glassk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Electrical Short to Chassis

Put one meter probe on the chassis and then to each battery and watch the voltage go up or down by +- 8 Volts, mine zero's out on the middle two batteries,
glassk is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car