lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-18-2016, 06:52 AM   #1
AFVET
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Club Car Precedent MadJax Lift Kit Alignment

Toe in issue
2014 Club Car Precedent
Request for Madjax support
Just installed a Madjax 6in lift kit, following the video
Camber adjusted to spec but every time I roll the cart and recheck it's off a bit.
Toe in made sure tie rod ends are equal with the wheel centered the RT wheel is way out .... is there an adjustment to center the lift kit assembly?
I have noticed similar issues ... but no fix .... thanks
AFVET is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-10-2018, 07:59 PM   #2
Bill Kelley
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Club Car Precedent MadJax Lift Kit Alignment

I was wondering if you found the answer to your lift kit issue. I just installed the madjax 6" on a 2007 CC precedent and seem to be having the exact same issues as you did. Plus madjax instructions call for toe out but CC sais toe in. How important is getting 0 degrees on camber?
Bill Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 10:43 AM   #3
AFVET
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

No I never got an answer, I did the best I could but recommend rechecking every few months to keep it straight. Did another one recently with my son it went better but was still a PIA. Next time I'll try a different lift kit.
AFVET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 03:29 PM   #4
blfinche
Getting Wild
Club Car

I didn't have any trouble with mine. My steering wheel wasn't centered before I lifted and it came back to center after the lift. It was very fidgety though.
blfinche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 10:30 AM   #5
Bill Kelley
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFVET View Post
No I never got an answer, I did the best I could but recommend rechecking every few months to keep it straight. Did another one recently with my son it went better but was still a PIA. Next time I'll try a different lift kit.
Thanks for the reply; I've just about got mine dialed in to the "TOE IN" specs vs. the "TOE OUT" included with the instructions. My steering wheel is not straight now but I'm not going to worry with that until I'm 100% finished with the alignment.
I also installed HD rear springs and noticed that I didn't get the rear axle centered, (it's offset to the left 1/4 inch). So while I'm waiting on my wheels and tires to get here today I'll be working on getting that straightened out.
Old 01-12-2018, 10:40 AM   #6
Bill Kelley
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by blfinche View Post
I didn't have any trouble with mine. My steering wheel wasn't centered before I lifted and it came back to center after the lift. It was very fidgety though.
I went with the Madjax HD 6" kit because the installation video made it look pretty easy to install. LOL

BTW: Sam from Madjax just called me back and said definitely TOE OUT not TOE IN.
Old 01-13-2018, 09:23 PM   #7
Marauder
Getting Wild
Club Car

Tires are tires are tires. On a car, truck, or cart.

Toe out means the cart will be pushing both tires to opposite sides. It will cause tire wear and more drag so slower speeds if the toe is too far out.

I would rather have zero toe than toe out for sure. Very slight toe in will add some stability and cause the cart to track straighter going town the road. I set my toe on my big truck (ram 2500 with 4.5 inch lift on 37’s) to 0. You get the best tire wear that way for sure. But my tires are about $500 each so money is more an issue.

Did they say why he wants toe out????
Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 09:47 PM   #8
Bill Kelley
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Yes, he said toe out 1/4 for more stability because the golf cart is a low speed vehicle. Seems strange to me. Wish someone who knows about this kind of stuff could explain it here.
Old 01-15-2018, 07:45 AM   #9
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

When adjusting the camber, roll forward, STOP... check and adjust! roll forward, STOP... check and adjust!
Do NOT roll forward, then backwards... forward, then backwards... it throws the camber adjustment all off!

I thought the "toe out" was odd when I installed my MJ 3.5" lift!
All Sports, Jake's, Rhox, and even Club Car all require an 1/8 to 1/4" toe in!
It seems MadJax is the only company that requires a toe out!

I went with 1/8" toe in, because that's what Club Car suggests.
It rode straight, and stable... until it broke a short time later, then I put on an All Sports 4" lift.

lockman1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 10:13 AM   #10
Bill Kelley
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman1 View Post
When adjusting the camber, roll forward, STOP... check and adjust! roll forward, STOP... check and adjust!
Do NOT roll forward, then backwards... forward, then backwards... it throws the camber adjustment all off!

I thought the "toe out" was odd when I installed my MJ 3.5" lift!
All Sports, Jake's, Rhox, and even Club Car all require an 1/8 to 1/4" toe in!
It seems MadJax is the only company that requires a toe out!

I went with 1/8" toe in, because that's what Club Car suggests.
It rode straight, and stable... until it broke a short time later, then I put on an All Sports 4" lift.

Thanks for the tip on the camber adjustment. I actually have been rolling the cart back and forth so I'll redo the camber rolling FWD only and then redo the TOE.
My steering wheel is not centered and using the "chase the wheel" method of alignment, I feel like I'm going to run out of threads on one tie rod end. This is worse of course if I TOE OUT vs TOE IN. I believe I'll try dead straight and see if there are any stability issues. This cart is used for maintenance around our little 4 acre paradise and rarely gets outside the fence.

Tags
alignment, lift kit, madjax, toe in
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts