lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-2019, 08:52 PM   #1
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Default Help! A few questions on an engine rebuild 78 Harley

I split the case to install new bearings and seals, I don't know if this one has been apart before but here's what I found.....

Questions;
1) There were no case gaskets, (The repair manual doesn't show any either). Wondering if I should use the ones that are available or just an anaerobic sealer?

2) Fan side (right) has two sets of ball bearings, (The manual says they're both one side sealed). I've got the inside one having no seals and the outside one was sealed on both sides. I've found replacements but can't tell by the pics or descriptions if they're sealed on just one or both sides......

I will say after opening the case and seeing how it's designed I would think both of these bearings should be sealed on both sides as the fuel/oil mixture does not go through them for lube, in fact they're isolated from the crankcase completely by another seal..... Perhaps I've answered my own question here lol, but wondering what yous guys have used? TIA
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson