lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-14-2010, 05:27 PM   #1
Mike D
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default EZGO Info Please

Alright fellas, first I'll let you knowe that I own a Yammi g16 gas. But, I may have the opportunity to acquire a free EZGO GXT 1500. It's got the 20 hp Onan in it. I don't know if it runs, but the engine spins over by hand. Is there any way to tell if it the engine is ok? I'm looking at the possibility of a BB swap if the engine is salvagable. Does anyone know of this engine being used in a swap, and where I might get parts? Any info is appreciated.
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 05:32 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO Info Please

Those carts are nothing but a headache...
give it to me
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 05:55 PM   #3
Mike D
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I hear you... I was just looking for a potential BB project. Before pulling out this relic, I wanted to see what kind of parts or tech assistance was available for that engine. If I could get it for free, it may be worth the work. I'm not even sure about clutch availability, or if the one on that engine is ok to use, or if the engine would even fit. Maybe the excitement of finding a treasure like that got ahead of my common sense. I'd still like to see if anyone knows anything about it. My wife already said that if there was some assistance or parts availability, I could attempt it with no recourse
Old 11-14-2010, 06:43 PM   #4
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

My wife already said that if there was some assistance or parts availability, I could attempt it with no recourse
See the she said she meant thread.
For free drag it home and check it out, if its bad you can
part it out.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:08 PM   #5
Mike D
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Good point dooms, but my biggest fault is if I get it home and there is any inkling that I could make the project work, I'll go head first until it's done or I'm in over my head. The over my head part makes me a little uncomfortable, but parting out the old cart may not be a bad idea. I have to go back to the place where I found it and try to get someone to let me take it. That engine would look relly nice in the compartment of my g16. I'll keep brainstorming until something comes up.
Old 11-15-2010, 12:33 PM   #6
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

My wife already said that if there was some assistance or parts availability, I could attempt it with no recourse
The wife sounds like a keeper. Normally we like to see photos of the cart but in this case maybe a photo of the wife?
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 02:53 PM   #7
Mike D
Gone Wild
Yamaha

The only good pictures I have of her are either with a fishing rod in her hand, at the stadium watching the Dolphins, or at Daytona in the grandstands. Those are great pictures. Unfortunately, she became a little camera shy after my twins were born 3 years ago. The whole recourse thing is that she doesn't want to lose the ability to cruise around the neighborhood with the cart. Would anyone be surprised that she's the one that wants a BB in the cart? She's a great woman, and that's one of the reasons that I'd like to give her the BB she wants. Right now I just don't have the cash for a drop in BB kit like on some of the sponsor's websites. They are super cool, but a little expensive. I'm slowly saving my pennies, and trying to talk my kids into a part time job. They're young, they have plaenty of energy......
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO