lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-01-2020, 08:07 PM   #1
Jjvann
Not Yet Wild

Default Cushman cruzer upgrade

Hey guys,
I just picked up an 83 Cushman 48volt. Thought I would get some thoughts on if it is worth upgrading to a soild state. I know already I have to get a new f&r switch along with new resistor coils. It will be used to go over fairly flat ground but with 6 to 7 people on board. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Jjvann is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-02-2020, 12:49 AM   #2
w4thm
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: Cushman cruzer upgrade

I'm doing this with a vintage cart myself. It can be costly but It's a definite improvement in battery life and cart usability.

As a tinkerer and electronics hobbyist I couldn't just bite the bullet and drop $700 for an altrax kit. What I did is I found a cheap beater cart with a Curtis electronic speed control setup that's compatible with my motor and bought that.

Dropped $250 on the parts cart, pulled the Curtis setup, rear axle and motor as a spare for mine and still have some parts I might be able to sell and recoup some cash. The leftover rusty frame will go to one of those "I pick up scrap metal" guys.

I haven't tested the parts I'm keeping yet but got my fingers crossed.
w4thm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 05:51 PM   #3
Jjvann
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Cushman cruzer upgrade

I just found a free Yamaha think I'll try to swap some parts. Also looking at plum quick motor upgrade have you any experience with them?
Jjvann is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts