lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-28-2020, 09:13 PM   #1
w4thm
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default hyundai carts, whats the deal?

Found a parts cart locally for $100. Never knew Hyundai even made carts. Anybody know what kind of speed control system / motors went into these? I'm pondering grabbing it to strip speed control setup and diff/motor out of it.

I don't have any model info. Looks like an EZGO but has a weird roof popout vent thing I can see in the pics. Might cost me $100 two bill to get it dragged home. Is it worth the $200 to pull parts for future cart hacks?
w4thm is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-28-2020, 09:16 PM   #2
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: hyundai carts, whats the deal?

No. I would not. Can't get any parts anymore. If you are doing something custom stay with the big three.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 09:51 PM   #3
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Seems to me they were an EZGO or Yamaha knock off back in the day, and then a company called Maxcar made a knock off of the Hyundai. They had a Dana rear axle that was similar to other carts and some really off brand Korean controller/motor setup.
Honestly the cart itself could be worth doing some restoration to if the frame isn’t rusted out, but I wouldn’t plan on the electrics being much good.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 10:12 PM   #4
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
Seems to me they were an EZGO or Yamaha knock off back in the day, and then a company called Maxcar made a knock off of the Hyundai. They had a Dana rear axle that was similar to other carts and some really off brand Korean controller/motor setup.
Honestly the cart itself could be worth doing some restoration to if the frame isn’t rusted out, but I wouldn’t plan on the electrics being much good.
I agree with this. I just don't think there will be much there to use on other carts.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 10:25 PM   #5
w4thm
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Any idea on drive systems? Series? Sepex? A/C?
w4thm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 07:43 PM   #6
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

It should be a series...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts