lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-15-2020, 01:27 PM   #1
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Carryall guys - Need all your information

I think I'm going to sell my DS and get a carryall. Probably late 90s early 2000s if I had to guess based on what I'm finding in my price range in my area.

I really want one with a full cab and a flat bed. I've seen a few but they seem to be less common than ones without both of those options. So I have a few questions:

What is the difference in Carryall vs carryall 2 vs carryall turf?
I think different wheel bases? I have no idea.

Was the flat bed ever a factory option or are these all home built setups?

Did all carryalls come with lights from the factory? If not, I assume they can be installed easily enough?

Were the enclosed cabs a club car item or were those from a third party?
Can you fit a roof off of a regular ds onto a carryall? are they special supports?

Were there different motor sizes other than the 290 in carryalls?

Are the suspensions heavier than regular DS carts? I assume they would be since they are more of a utility cart. I want to add a hitch, I've seen a few with hitches on them.

Can Carryalls be lifted no problem? I believe I've seen lifted ones on this forum, and possibly read that the SGC kits from a DS will bolt up to a carryall

Anything else I should know about them? I plan on doing full lights / turn signals / etc if the cart I find doesn't have them already. As I said I really want a full cab with flat bed, definitely not getting one without a roof. The factory roofs look super cheap and not strong
nwocart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-15-2020, 10:05 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Carryall guys - Need all your information

Carryall 1 is short wheelbase same as a DS. most came with a FE290

Carryall 2 / turf 2 is a longer wheelbase. Adds about an extra 12" and longer bed too. They came with FE350 except for some of the early 90's ones

Carryall 6 came with FE350 and even longer wheelbase. These are the ones you usually find with a flat bed.

Any DS light kit will work on any of them.

The enclosed carryalls I've had were factory club car options.

In my experiences, the carryall 1 is about the same as a DS. Carryall 2 and above have heavier suspension and rear sway bar. You have to remove the sway bar to install a lift kit.

I've used SGC lifts on carryalls with no problem other than removing the rear sway bar. Just make sure it does not have front brakes. The front brakes will create a conflict with most lift kits.

I used a roof from a 2002 club car DS on my carryall with minimal modification on the rear struts to make it fit. Works great.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200521_190038.jpg (610.5 KB, 0 views)
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 10:11 PM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

A couple more carryalls I've had. One is a 2000 with 6" lift. One is a 92 with oem enclosure
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190821_183436.jpg (593.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20191208_160856.jpg (608.0 KB, 0 views)
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 10:46 PM   #4
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Carryall 1 is short wheelbase same as a DS. most came with a FE290

Carryall 2 / turf 2 is a longer wheelbase. Adds about an extra 12" and longer bed too. They came with FE350 except for some of the early 90's ones

Carryall 6 came with FE350 and even longer wheelbase. These are the ones you usually find with a flat bed.

Any DS light kit will work on any of them.

The enclosed carryalls I've had were factory club car options.

In my experiences, the carryall 1 is about the same as a DS. Carryall 2 and above have heavier suspension and rear sway bar. You have to remove the sway bar to install a lift kit.

I've used SGC lifts on carryalls with no problem other than removing the rear sway bar. Just make sure it does not have front brakes. The front brakes will create a conflict with most lift kits.

I used a roof from a 2002 club car DS on my carryall with minimal modification on the rear struts to make it fit. Works great.
As far as I know everything CP says here is spot on. Mine (gas) has factory heat, fan, lights, front brakes, turn signals, etc. I think you could order these specialty vehicles with just about anything.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 07:18 AM   #5
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

I guess the question on the light kits comes from my personal DS - the lights are installed into cutouts in the rear body. The DS doesn't look like it has the fiberglass body, but an aluminum body from the seat back / aluminum wheel wells?

This information helps a lot, I am seeing all kinds of different carryalls / styles of them/ different cabs etc.

What does turf mean?
Old 06-19-2020, 11:10 AM   #6
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Had a guy email me saying he has a 2013 carryall 200

i have no idea what a carryall 200 is
Old 06-19-2020, 12:42 PM   #7
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

A Carryall 200 is basically like a Carryall 1. They changed the numbering and started making more different versions in the later years.

There were factory versions with a cab, and there are also some aftermarket cab manufacturers. Check government surplus auctions as local government or industrial sectors were the most likely places to have a cart built with a cab on it.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 01:43 PM   #8
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
A Carryall 200 is basically like a Carryall 1. They changed the numbering and started making more different versions in the later years.

There were factory versions with a cab, and there are also some aftermarket cab manufacturers. Check government surplus auctions as local government or industrial sectors were the most likely places to have a cart built with a cab on it.
Have seen a couple from hospitals for sure.

wouldn't even mind a cart that had a cage from a driving range or something but I'm not sure which models came with a flat bed/deck or if that was something people did after market
Old 06-19-2020, 02:25 PM   #9
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

If it has an aluminum bed it most likely came from the factory that way.
The ones I'v seen, the sides just bolt on to make it a cargo bed, and they can be removed to make it totally flat if you want.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 02:33 PM   #10
swb713
Gone Wild

Columbia

I have a 2002 (electric 48v) CarryAll 1 that I sold the dump bed off of and just put a piece of 3/4 plywood deck on. I didn't like how far the bed stuck out and it was more room than what I needed. I use it here where I work to haul parts and stuff with. I work at a RV Dealership. My CarryAll 1 has the heavy duty springs on it and I put 14" wheels on with no lift kit. I get about 25 mph with the taller tires. Running on 6 x 8v Trojans. Works fine for me and what I need/use it for. It's just a work cart.

Good luck and hope you find what you are looking for.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200619_122639[1].jpg (369.6 KB, 0 views)
swb713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car