lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts
Gas golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-29-2020, 03:09 PM   #1
MTurner00
Not Yet Wild

Cushman

Default Cushman Turf-Truckster - New to forum

Hey folks!

I'm new to the group and wanted to say hello! CharleyL, I've already seen several of your posts and replies and thank you in advance because I know I'll already be using some of your tips and advice!

I recently acquired a 1997 Cushman 4-Wheel Turf-Truckster Model 898537.

It has the hydraulic lift dump bed (which functions perfectly!) with a lot of sheet metal rust, but has the plastic bedliner insert that is still in great shape!

Also has the PTO. The Actuating "lever" for this which is just a pull straight up and push straight down handle connected to a cable link is seized. The cable itself is snapped in half. However, I can raise the dump bed and manually engage the PTO which functions great. I don't have anything to connect to it, but it's nice to know that it works!

This model has the 2-speed rear differential. The handle on this is seized also. I currently have some penetrating oil soaking into it hoping it'll free up at some point. But when I raise the bed and look underneath I can see the bracket that anchors it to the rear diff is rusted off. So, while it is still connected at both ends, I don't think it'll function correctly if I do get the cable to free up. I'll need to fab up a new bracket and probably install a new cable. I can manually engage and disengage the high/lo on it but have not tested to see if it is functioning when switched. Currently it is in high gear (according to the handle being in the up position).

At some point, several years ago my Uncle had the motor swapped for something aftermarket (used motor). Can't remember what it is that is in it but it's another 3 cylinder motor...I believe it's the Kawasaki model.

It's not the prettiest, but so far it has been great for me. We have 6 acres and I've done several tree trimmings and wood splitting with it (has a trailer hitch on it so I threw a 2 inch ball in there to pull my log splitter around the property).

Anyone know where I can find an Operator Manual for this model in .pdf format? I've found a hard copy listed on eBay...but not really wanting to pay $30 for it.

Just wanted to introduce myself and say hello!

Thanks!

Marcus
Chapin, SC
MTurner00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-07-2020, 01:54 PM   #2
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

Default Re: Cushman Turf-Truckster - New to forum

Welcome to BGW!

Check out this link ... you might be able to get more information and manuals on your cart from Textron.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showp...34&postcount=7

Also check out that entire thread here:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showt...hlight=cushman
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts