lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Melex

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-07-2009, 08:10 AM   #131
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Melex 212 Refurb

ALSO ...... at 36v your battery pack fuel gauge is on EMPTY...... Get in the habit of never drawing the pack below the 50% mark for longer battery life and the obvious better performance. refer to this chart below:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Batterytable1-1.jpg (88.7 KB, 31 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-07-2009, 01:02 PM   #132
gstoneberg
Gone Wild

Thanks, I'll do that. I knew I'd seen a chart like that someplace but hadn't gone to look for it. I'm thinking that a DVM is in my future, my old analog meter isn't going to cut it. I'm going to go look for a voltage guage I can mount in the cart. The way I will use it hunting will lend itself to using a DVM to measure pack capacity.

Thanks for all your help.

George
gstoneberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 10:38 AM   #133
gstoneberg
Gone Wild

Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I had never updated it to show the voltmeter I installed in the dash above the headlight switch. The golfball holder is now gone as well. Hope to replace that with a cupholder. Since that was done I have replaced the wiper assembly and resistors with an EZ-Go 1206 controller and the required ITS throttle assembly. Mike at Mike's Motor Toys provided the throttle and the required diode and resistor for the F/R switch. The cart is a mph faster now and has easily twice the range. I also have a picture from last week of the cart in action with my 6 year old granddaughter at the wheel. I'm holding another 1 year old granddaughter. We had a great time. It'll have guns in the front gun rack this weekend out at the hog lease.

George
Attached Images
File Type: jpg golfcart_meter.jpg (35.1 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg golfcart_grandkids.jpg (184.6 KB, 19 views)
gstoneberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 06:47 PM   #134
Pullenshawn
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstoneberg View Post
Doh, I had the brake adjusted too tight. Thank goodness. George
Anyone still look in on this trail? Just got a Melex 212 and wanted to see about lifting it and getting bigger tires?

Shawn
Pullenshawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Melex