lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-29-2021, 05:39 PM   #81
joesnuffy
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: G1 Thread: Everything About G1's for Newbies

Possible cheap (19 Bucks) trigger coils G1. My trigger coil is good but for this price I though what the heck I just ordered one of these potential trigger coils for my G1 golf cart for a spare and am hopping it will fit/bolt up. I would have to solder the original 2 wires to it that normally go to the OEM G1 trigger coil one is green and white and the other wire is red and white but I can live with that. I am getting ready to put new Yamaha crank seals in and will check to see if this will bolt up when I do so. I will report back to let others know if it fit and if it works producing spark.

If they run out or if link dies look up this part. Yamaha part PWC 6M6855800000 / 6M6-85580-00-00

I hope this helps someone,

Joe

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08WHH9YRV...v_ov_lig_dp_it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (70.4 KB, 0 views)
joesnuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-29-2021, 06:49 PM   #82
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

This seller has listings for both the source coil and pulsar coil for the G1

https://www.ebay.com/itm/27478964720...0df2%7Ciid%3A1
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 08:38 PM   #83
joesnuffy
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the info. I was wanting an extra trigger coil for a good price since mine is good and am hoping this one will work for 19 dollars once I re-solder a couple wires to it. I will take some pics once I do the mod to it. I was thinking if someone needed one 19 bucks beats over 100 bucks for someone on a limited budget.

Joe
joesnuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 03:45 PM   #84
mr1960
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesnuffy View Post
I would like to share some pics of how I keep my old small carb ball joints and other carb and exhaust linkages from popping off and stay on the sockets. I use small zip ties which works very well. Sometimes I use them in a criss-cross pattern. It works very well and helps you from loosing parts accidentally if one pops off. I try different sizes to see which work the best without binding. I will post some pics.

I bet I am not the first person to do this but I am just sharing what I do on My G1 in a few threads here on the G1s for Newbies. I like to keep things as stock as I can on my 1982 G1.

I also found some of the plastic ball joints on Amazon for a EZGO that are suppose to work but they are 30 dollars for 10 each. I am going to purchase some later this year and see if they actually work but I was wondering if anyone else here had tried them. Here is the link.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TXUWLLE...v_ov_lig_dp_it

Thanks and I hope this post helps someone and I appreciate all those who post things here that have helped me over the past 15 years.

Joe
Try this site. https://www.springfixlinkages.com/en...-joints/r3535#

I plan on replacing all the joints from there.
mr1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 07:30 PM   #85
Jdekes
Not Yet Wild

Recently bought an 80 g1. It had a bad reverse solenoid the original square top ones. I replaced them with the white Rodgers solenoids and now have nothing. Followed the wiring procedure that is posted on this thread. Any ideas of what could be wrong?
Jdekes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 06:20 AM   #86
Newt69
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Just picked up a 1986 G. I would like to replace the front seats. I've been looking but can't find a source for them. Does anyone know of a source or even another seat that will fit nicely in the G1?
Newt69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2023, 06:22 PM   #87
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newt69 View Post
Just picked up a 1986 G. I would like to replace the front seats. I've been looking but can't find a source for them. Does anyone know of a source or even another seat that will fit nicely in the G1?
I don't know of anyone who has replacement seats that are the same as the ones that came on it. With that said you have a couple options. I have seen people use boat seats and some are very nice. I personally found a bench seat kit for mine a few years back, it was great, I think I paid $300 for it online. Today prices are all over the place, although I have seen some kits.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2023, 06:29 PM   #88
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

I saw seat from a "Coleman" go cart that looked pretty cool
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2023, 07:14 PM   #89
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

A whole lot of nice boat seats out there
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha