lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-04-2012, 06:30 AM   #11
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 4g Conversion needs some parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyhuck View Post
Would it help, or for that matter hurt, anything to run a wire from both points to the motor?
It shouldn't make any difference as long as the motor stud is tall enough to take the two cable lugs.
Also, be sure to use two wenches (one on bottom nut) when loosening/tightening motor studs. Bad things happen inside motor when they are twisted.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-04-2012, 09:12 AM   #12
tyhuck
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Cool. I wasnt sure if I could give the motor too much power. I didnt want to burn anything up. I just figured that with 2 cables, it would allow the current to take whichever path was less resitance, and possibly give the affect of running a larger cable.
tyhuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 10:14 AM   #13
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyhuck View Post
1. I wasnt sure if I could give the motor too much power. I didnt want to burn anything up.
2. I just figured that with 2 cables, it would allow the current to take whichever path was less resitance, and possibly give the affect of running a larger cable.
1. The motors used in Marathons can take all the Amps a 36V battery pack can produce and then some.

2. The old ditty about current taking the path of least resistance, isn't 100% true. The correct statement is that more current flows in the path of least resistance.
Example: 2 volts is applied to a 1 Ohm and a 2 Ohm resistor connected in parallel. 2 Amps flows through the 1 Ohm resistor and 1 Amp flows through the 2 Ohm resister.
The total current flow is 3 Amps, and the most of it flows through the path of least resistance.

Electrically, running two smaller gauge cables in parallel is the same as running a single larger gauge.
FWIW: Running two 4Ga cables in parallel is the same as running a single 1Ga cable.

The thing to remember is that total current flows through everything, so just doubling up one section of cable isn't going to help much, but it won't hurt either.
Even if all the cables were doubled up, the F/R switch and the solenoid would still be choke points, but only in the #4 speed.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO