lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-12-2010, 05:20 PM   #1
george7806
Not Yet Wild

Default Question about Yamaha G8 speed controller

In a nutshell, nothing has changed since my last post, except I've been testing every electronic component I could. Solenoid working transmitting power. F/R switch tested fine. Accelerator switch working.There are two switches attached to the F/R switch. Limit switch and reverse switch. The reverse switch has continuity when moving the lever to reverse, the limit switch has continuity all the time.Could this be a problem?What does the limit switch do? Also is there any way to bypass the speed controller? And finally the serial number on this car is:JY4-201815, but I can't find any reference online about JY4....If you have any ideas how to test certain components let me know.Thanks!
george7806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-12-2010, 05:30 PM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: Question about Yamaha G8 speed controller

I'm not familiar with your last post but have you checked the throttle pot? (not the switch) How abbout you F/R contacts? You could bypass the controller but that wouldn't be very wise....as soon as the solenoid engages it will be wide open.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 05:51 PM   #3
george7806
Not Yet Wild

By throttle switch do you mean the pot with 3 wires connecting to the accelerator through a metal linkage? I've tested with ohm meter seems to be working fine. The F/R contacts are doing what they're supposed to be doing according to the wiring schematics (checked with continuity tester).Any way to test the controller? Also the 4 post on the battery has 37V...including S2 which is the only wire that comes directly from the speed controller, unlike the other 3 that comes from the F/R switch. To clarify things, the cart ran before battery replacement (ran slow, and lost charge quickly due to bad batteries) Right after battery replacement, it felt like it was taking off quite quickly, then it just died. I'm guessing that some old component couldn't handle all the current it was pulling from the new batteries. Any suggestions?
Old 04-12-2010, 06:05 PM   #4
nopi96792
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Question about 12 volt boost

can you some me how to do that with a 1998 non pds non dc ez-go .
nopi96792 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:19 PM   #5
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

There is a specific outline for diagnosing G8-E electrical problems, but from what you have checked so far, I would check the 2 "diodes" in the wire harness (just left of the solenoid). Should have continuity one direction and not the other. Good luck
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:45 PM   #6
george7806
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
There is a specific outline for diagnosing G8-E electrical problems, but from what you have checked so far, I would check the 2 "diodes" in the wire harness (just left of the solenoid). Should have continuity one direction and not the other. Good luck
I assumed there was some troubleshooting guide. Would it only be in the repair manual, or can I find it online? Also the diodes are fine, just put 2 brand new ones in today.Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it!
Old 05-04-2010, 05:04 PM   #7
rkggoodman
Not Yet Wild

pull up floor bord look to see if the pin for the accelerator fell out of the potentimeter,this happend to mine,if you dont here a click when u hit the accel. then thats where i would start
rkggoodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 03:18 PM   #8
fish hook
Not Yet Wild

Hello people.....I have a 1997 Yamaha Gas,Model G16A....JUst wonderin what wires do I connect to a toggle switch for a Kill Switch??? Thanks Much... fish hook
fish hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha