lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-05-2010, 12:04 PM   #1
Phillip
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Crankshaft Seal 89 EZGO

Is the Crankshaft Oil Seal the one that will cause the engine to not run properly, if it is not installed correctly, or pops out?

That little piece of rubber attached to the seal, that goes around the crankshaft, doesn't seem like much of a seal.
Phillip is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-06-2010, 05:49 AM   #2
ruredy
Born Wild

Default Re: Crankshaft Seal 89 EZGO

Is there a question here?
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:04 PM   #3
dblackmore
Not Yet Wild

Yes this will cause fuel/air mixture not to get pulled into the cylinder and it will not fire off as well as (on a 1986) the air pulsing to drive the fuel pump to be too weak and not have the correct fuel pressure. This just happened to me on my cart after rebuilding it last week. tapped it back in and worked like a champ. Just I didn't have it sealed in all the way. :-)
dblackmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 06:58 AM   #4
chardonite
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The seal being in and not leaking is very important to the engine running right.
chardonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 06:59 PM   #5
Newchapter
Not Yet Wild

how hard is it to access the seal.... kids drove the cart while i was away and now it starts but will barely move , just sputters
Newchapter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 07:51 PM   #6
dblackmore
Not Yet Wild

The rear seal you should be able to look at real easy by looking at the rear crankcase shaft that the clutch bolts to. A good flash light and careful inspection should tell you if it is good or bad. The forward seal is a little harder to get eyes on. You will have to remove the fan shroud cover, it has 4 bolts, 2 on top and 2 on bottom. After you pull that off you will have to remove the nut and lock washer that holds on a metal wheel for the pusler coil. They say you might have to use a impact wrench but mine came off with a ratchet but I had to use a chain wrench (happened to have one) to hold the crankshaft from spinning. Once you get the metal wheel off you will be able to seal the seal in the crank case. Hope this help you.

Darrell
dblackmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO