lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-22-2010, 03:39 PM   #1
skm2006
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default 2 Part Question

I'm getting on a duck lease in Texas next season. I'm considering selling my cart and going to a gas machine, such as a Rhino or a Ranger. My reasoning is that I dont know if my cart will be able to handle the mud and water I may be faced with on the lease, and also, it's obviously not 4 wheel drive.

I added a plumb quick motor, and the top speed has really increased. However, I still lack the torque I think I would need to power through the mud. I know you can add things like a beefy controller, heavy cables, etc, but even if I did, do you guys think it would make it a suitable vehicle for navigating muddy woods, shallow water and trails to the duck blind? I am willing to spend the money on a new controller and cables and solenoid or whatever else will make a big difference.....if it will make a big difference. I'm seeking your opinions since I've never jacked with the torque on the cart and I dont know what it's capable of.

--------------------------------------------

The second part of my question is what do you think my cart would be worth on the resale market if I were to decide to sell. You can check my cart out in my profile. It's a 2004 CC IQ, lifted, tricked out, etc. It has a brand new Curtis 250amp controller. I've only owned the cart for 1 year and everything you see, I have done. So the stereo, controller, motor, everything is 12 months old or less, and probably has less than 10 hours of use on it. This thing is a garage queen, lol. Battery's are Trojan and original. If this were your cart and you were selling it, what would you ask for it?

Thanks
skm2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-22-2010, 04:32 PM   #2
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 2 Part Question

Duck hunting will always take you that better spot and that is all ways
the wettest deepest water.
I don't think an electric cart is the best for that.
That said I don't know the value of your cart in your area.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car