lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-04-2022, 09:26 AM   #1
dc.901
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default 2012 EZGO troubleshooting post Lithium

Hello all,
I have 2012 EZGO, that has 3-pin charge port. So, I think that is RXV??
Anyways, replaced the old lead-acid batteries with BigBattery BDGR 2x48v kit. I know this is not the most recommended but it shipped very fast and it also fit the budget.
Issue I am seeing after replacing the batteries is during driving some times (yes only happens intermittently) cart will just shut off.
This is scary because the wheels also lock.
Once when that happened, we check battery voltage is that is about 48v (BDGR kit is NMC).
What is strange is, we put cart in tow mode, rock it couple of times forward/backwards switch back to run mode and then it runs perfectly fine.
So, I am trying to figure out what is the issue? Batteries, lose connection somewhere or I should be looking at something else?
dc.901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-05-2022, 06:46 PM   #2
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2012 EZGO troubleshooting post Lithium

That's the problem with lithium and the RXV. When the battery, due to any reason shuts off, the ebrake in the cart will engage.
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 06:59 AM   #3
ATLien
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2012 EZGO troubleshooting post Lithium

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc.901 View Post
Hello all,
Issue I am seeing after replacing the batteries is during driving some times (yes only happens intermittently) cart will just shut off.
This is scary because the wheels also lock.
Once when that happened, we check battery voltage is that is about 48v (BDGR kit is NMC)...
I'm no expert but have done a ton of research for my own install. Are you tripping the battery's BMS due to an over-current situation? If you do, in-fact, have an RXV (which has an AC motor) I'm not 100% sure the BDGR kit is allowing enough draw under heavy loads before the BMS trips and shuts the batteries down. I think the BDGR kit only allows 252A (for 6 Seconds). Try driving it more 'gingerly' for a few days (i.e. don't floor it, carry heavy loads, or try to go fast up steep hills) and see if the issue persists. If it goes away I'd bet that's your problem. For this reason I just purchased the HSKY kit for my 2Five (roughly the same guts as your RXV) due to its higher load capacity. I haven't installed it yet but I don't foresee any issues.
ATLien is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO