lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-15-2022, 09:39 AM   #1
whistlebritches
Not Yet Wild

Default 2017 drive 2 running rich

Engine will foul spark plug in approx 2 rounds of golf. Being EFI, I checked fuel pressure (38 psi). Checked valve clearance, found them to be looser than spec. Adjusted per service manual. I have a Yamaha EFI Diagnostic tool that fits these cars and hooked it up, didn't find anything outside of normal. Intake pressure sensor reads 99 with the engine not turning over, then as you hit the throttle pedal to turn the engine, the readings drop from 99 to into the 70's quickly-probably quicker than the tool can display it. Every once in a while it'll show above 100, which I believe may be normal? EOT shows normal, it's about 85 in the shop all night and this morning the tool displays 85, same for the intake air temp. I also pulled the throttle body off and inspected the injector for leakage. With the pump holding pressure, there is zero dripping from the injector.

There were no trouble codes displayed on the tool and never has had a check engine light.

Got me stumped. Got any ideas?
whistlebritches is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-15-2022, 06:44 PM   #2
Dflowe
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 2017 drive 2 running rich

It's a Drive 2, is it a Quietech? if so, check the spark arrestor on the end of the exhaust. That would cause the fuel mixture to be off and result in the plug fouling you describe. I have two Drive 2 Quietech carts and I had to take the spark arrestors off of both of them.
Dflowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 12:05 PM   #3
willygee
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2017 drive 2 running rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by whistlebritches View Post
Engine will foul spark plug in approx 2 rounds of golf. Being EFI, I checked fuel pressure (38 psi). Checked valve clearance, found them to be looser than spec. Adjusted per service manual. I have a Yamaha EFI Diagnostic tool that fits these cars and hooked it up, didn't find anything outside of normal. Intake pressure sensor reads 99 with the engine not turning over, then as you hit the throttle pedal to turn the engine, the readings drop from 99 to into the 70's quickly-probably quicker than the tool can display it. Every once in a while it'll show above 100, which I believe may be normal? EOT shows normal, it's about 85 in the shop all night and this morning the tool displays 85, same for the intake air temp. I also pulled the throttle body off and inspected the injector for leakage. With the pump holding pressure, there is zero dripping from the injector.

There were no trouble codes displayed on the tool and never has had a check engine light.

Got me stumped. Got any ideas?
Any progress?
willygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha