lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-09-2022, 12:01 PM   #1
Kbirdjr
Not Yet Wild

Default Possible bad accelerator switch?

I have a 2010 Emerge LE that seems to have something wrong with the accelerator. I keep this at my lake house to it isn't driven in the winter but stays plugged in. When I went to use it for the first time this spring there was no response from the accelerator. I have previously dealt with the brushed in the motor so that was the first thing I suspected and checked. As I checked a few different things I noticed that the light on the controller is flashing and I looked up the code, it mentioned the accelerator. Sorry I don't recall the code at the moment. Eventually I wound up unplugging the accelerator and plugging it back in. I found that after doing this the cart will move forward, but at full throttle regardless of pedal position. I also noticed that if I set the parking brake or switch to reverse I loose all power and have to disconnect/reconnect accelerator again. I have repeated this process and it is consistent. Am I correct in thinking that the accelerator needs to be replaced? If so, is it Tomberlin specific or are they somewhat generic?
Kbirdjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-09-2022, 05:39 PM   #2
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Possible bad accelerator switch?

The pedal assembly is a Ezgo part but the Tomberlin sensor is different ( 3 wire ). Remove the assembly and check the sensor. Probably it's still the old style sensor with external circuit board and should be replaced.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RIMG0204.JPG (390.4 KB, 0 views)
ojo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 01:17 AM   #3
Kbirdjr
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojo View Post
The pedal assembly is a Ezgo part but the Tomberlin sensor is different ( 3 wire ). Remove the assembly and check the sensor. Probably it's still the old style sensor with external circuit board and should be replaced.
Thanks, I will look at it one night this week. What is the name of the sensor? I want to call it a throttle position sensor but not sure if that’s correct. Maybe it will have a part number on it.
Old 05-10-2022, 04:15 AM   #4
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yes, TPS sensor ( Hall Efect Sensor ). You've to loosen 4 screws from underneath and the pedal assy comes out. The no. on sensors were different. You'll find them on eBay by seller " Forest Cart ", but shipping from China only.
If you're interested, i could send the sensor shown on picture ( new ) for 20$ incl. shipping by DHL.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20200729_154804.jpg (63.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-17-2022, 08:56 PM   #5
Kbirdjr
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojo View Post
Yes, TPS sensor ( Hall Efect Sensor ). You've to loosen 4 screws from underneath and the pedal assy comes out. The no. on sensors were different. You'll find them on eBay by seller " Forest Cart ", but shipping from China only.
If you're interested, i could send the sensor shown on picture ( new ) for 20$ incl. shipping by DHL.
I finally got around to pulling my pedal out tonight and the sensor has two single spades, one on each side with an external circuit board. There is a three wire plug going to the circuit board that looks like it would plug directly into the sensor you have pictured. I assume the newer one has the circuit board built in?
Old 05-18-2022, 05:47 AM   #6
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yes, you're totally right. The new style sensor has the electronic inside. The 3 wire plug fits on new sensor, but IMPORTANT, black and blue wire has to be interchanged ( s. my first picture sent ).
Old 05-23-2022, 11:53 PM   #7
Kbirdjr
Not Yet Wild

I finally got around to replacing my sensor and that solved the problem. This was the part I case anyone else needs it.
LicBund 25854G01 Golf Cart Inductive Throttle Sensor Compatible with 1994-Up EZGO TXT DCS PDS Medalist Electric Only https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09P2ZN826...ing=UTF8&psc=1
Old 05-24-2022, 04:23 AM   #8
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Okay, when the electronic board is still working, it's a cheap solution, otherwise the new style sensor is necessary.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin