lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-11-2017, 10:13 AM   #1
chops1sc
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Lift remorse?

Has anyone ever lifted their cart and regretted it later? If so, what would you have done differently?
chops1sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-11-2017, 10:33 AM   #2
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Lift remorse?

The first non-Marathon cart I lifted - I bought a Spindle Lift and some really nice rims, tires, etc and was SO happy with it, until I drove my first cart with a Long-Travel kit about 3 weeks later. I think I lost about $200 selling the Spindle kit and spacers, etc because I immediately went and replaced it with a LT kit, LOL. In retrospect, I would have listened to everyone who was raving about the LT kits (which were a new thing at the time) and just spent the extra to do it *right* the first time instead of trying to save a few $$ and not getting anything more than another "Lifted" cart with no gain in handling or off-road capability (other than the traction of the agressive tires).
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 10:52 AM   #3
chops1sc
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thank you for the reply! I plan on lifting my CC Precedent in the future. I will be getting an a-arm lift though. I have seen the LT kits but I won't be dong any "severe" off-roading.

Do you know of any major differences I would see between a standard a-arm lift vs an LT a-arm kit?
Old 10-11-2017, 10:57 AM   #4
crash test dummy

i did a spindle lift too (6") i would go with the a arm now
the LT is more for off roading and like it says allows more wheel travel
Old 10-11-2017, 01:20 PM   #5
MrNeon
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I had the 6in Single A-Arm lift for a few years. I ran the heck out of on trails and such to the point that the front end never sat right. I avoided the LT kit due to just "thinking"
the A-Arm kit would be enough for my riding style. Well looking in hindsight I should have bought the LT kit. No comparison to ride quality and handling. But, I ride extremely rough on trails and the LT kit by far exceeds my expectations.
MrNeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 06:41 AM   #6
chops1sc
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks for your input, y'all!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts