lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-16-2015, 09:10 AM   #1
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Default G29 community cart got a stereo....

As some of you know I was generous enough to buy my inlaws, grandparents inlaws, and cousins a g29 so they would quit borrowing mine all the time. Since I supplied the cart out of generosity they pooled together 200$ for a stereo and this is what I came up with. The head unit is a marine JVC Bluetooth unit that's just fm radio/pandora/I heart radio/ and Bluetooth. No body has cd's anymore so I saved some cash by not getting the unit with built in CD player. Got the headunit and a marine antenna for the fm radio for 75$ shipped.

The console that the stereo is mounted into came from a company that isn't a sponser here for 40$ kinda high for what it is but the easiest location for them to be able to access and have cup holders to boot.

The speakers are 4x6 blaupunkt speakers although not marine were the only 4x6 speakers I could find that included grills to cover the cones. These came from critchfield in the scratch and dent section and I had some bonus discount vouchers from them from past purchases so the speakers ended up being 23$ shipped. Kinda turned them sideways and mounted into the plastic with stainless screws.

For the rear speakers I fabbed up a pipe from 1.25" tubing and fabbed some brackets and bolted it all up to the rear roof supports beside the rain gutters. The speakers came from mcm electronics and are there 6.5 wakeboard tower marine speakers. They were 55$ shipped.

In all they spent about 200$ and it's plenty loud and came out simple and clean. Still room in the front cubby areas for storage.
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-16-2015, 09:19 PM   #2
SandbaggerYDRA
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G29 community cart got a stereo....

Nice install! I like where the radio is mounted, although it could be more likely to be exposed to the elements there than if it were mounted under the roof.

I've been toying with the idea of putting a radio in mine, but our trips down to the lake are so short that it's probably not necessary.
SandbaggerYDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 09:31 PM   #3
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Not sure why the last photo says not found. Here it is again

dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 10:26 PM   #4
crzycarts2015
Not Yet Wild

I extremely like you rear speak set up the front are they just screwed in sideways but do they have any kind of backing
crzycarts2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 10:12 AM   #5
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Sorry to bring it back from the dead but where did you get the console for the head unit?
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 07:15 PM   #6
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

I believe it is GMT.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 02:31 PM   #7
icyveins
Gone Wild

Yamaha

what is GMT?
icyveins is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha