lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-30-2009, 11:21 AM   #1
oxfordlawn
just hangin' around

Club Car

Default Question converting VGlide&coils to Vglide&controller

Here I go asking for more help and advice...Its raining out so I have nothing better to do

After looking at some other posts and looking at the "STICKYS" wiring diagrams...I think I may have a possible solution for my conversion plans

I noticed on the wiring diagram for the 95-03 48V system the VGlide is the type that has six or seven resistors in the VGlide housing and it is hooked to a controller, not a VGlide with the contacts and coils as mine is. My hesitation on converting to a controller was seeing the modifications and fabricating needed for the potbox(pb-6) and the levers needed.
Would the VGlide with the resistors in it bolt right up to my cart and linkages?? and then could I use a nice alltrax controller for the motor(which I ordered this morning)??

I hope the answer to this is yes and I hope I'm not wearing out my welcome here with all the questions
oxfordlawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-30-2009, 12:15 PM   #2
larryh
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Question converting VGlide&coils to Vglide&controller

oxfordlawn,
I am by no means an expert, but I am basically in your shoes at the moment and have way more questions than answers. I spoke with JC at cart zone the other day and he was telling me of a way to keep and use my v glide instead of going with the PB-6. I didn't pay attention because I want to go with the PB-6. He was very helpful so you might give him a call. Hope this helps.
larryh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 12:17 PM   #3
CC-John
prop. A$$hole's Garage

Cost wise, it would probably be less expensive to install the PB-6.. The CC multi-step potentiometer (V-Glide) is rather pricey, and the resistor kit to convert a standard V-Glide is nearly as much as the PB-6..
CC-John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 01:46 PM   #4
oxfordlawn
just hangin' around

Club Car

I understand but in my position....less expensive may not outweigh the time and aggravation of fabricating some mounting system for a pb-6 and if the resistor VGlide setup will bolt and hook right in..I think it may be worth while for me. I have no materials to fabricate anything...brand new house so we have not re-accumulated all that nice scrap stuff laying around....it would be 10 trips to the hardware store...just some food for thought...if it will fit, I will start pricing them out
Old 01-30-2009, 09:49 PM   #5
Extractor
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxfordlawn View Post
I understand but in my position....less expensive may not outweigh the time and aggravation of fabricating some mounting system for a pb-6 and if the resistor VGlide setup will bolt and hook right in..I think it may be worth while for me. I have no materials to fabricate anything...brand new house so we have not re-accumulated all that nice scrap stuff laying around....it would be 10 trips to the hardware store...just some food for thought...if it will fit, I will start pricing them out
Just fab this up:

It's from one of the members Roady or Scott or someone else... I forget. And when you figure out how to fabricate this let me know! I need one also since I just ordered my PB-6 already.
Extractor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 11:33 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You can use the V-glide conversion kit..... It works well but the throttle response is a little jerky or less smooth than the PB-6.... but it is on many factory carts!

The pic above is from my 89 CC..... made with 10 gauge sheel metal bent in an 'L' and tech screwed to the frame..... the throttle 'arm' is a flat strap hardware item bent and a little bracket was welded up for the pivot mount. I think someone recently made it even simpler! Use the search! It doesn't get too much simpler than this !
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 08:10 AM   #7
oxfordlawn
just hangin' around

Club Car

Yeah I may have jumped the gun a little on that thought. I didnt realize the pb-6 came with the arm and the monting plate all attatched to, I thought you guys fabbed all that up. Yesterday I saw a pic of one when I was pricing it out and saw how they were set up, I realized it wasnt as bad as I thought, and wiring it into my system seems pretty straight forward. If someone has a picture of the backside of the pivoting arm, I would like to see to get some idea of what was used to assemble.

Like I've said before---THANKS!!
Old 01-31-2009, 08:23 AM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

NOPE> STOP> Backup!!

PB-6 does not come with the mounting brackets needed or a linkage conversion. The install does reqwire some metal fabrication..... Get the V-glide muti-step conversion kit. I think you will be happy with it...I hope you ordered either a 5k-0 Controller for a Club Car or a AXE programable type
Lots of Questions are not a problem... that is what this forum is all about .
Old 01-31-2009, 08:36 AM   #9
oxfordlawn
just hangin' around

Club Car

No No---its ok I know what I meant about the mounting brackets and what it comes with on a pb-6...I just couldn't get it into words correctly. I haven't ordered anything yet..Im just scoping out all my options for now
As for the pivot arm picture, I meant the arm where the stock throttle linkage attatched to

but thanks for watchin' out ScottyB
Old 01-31-2009, 09:14 AM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I have been thinking the PB-6 could be inverted and mounted directly to the the peddle linkage....I will try this on the melted V-glide project cart in the driveway. Actually the cart in my signature far right. ..Soon. This should be simpler. WHat ever you do just be sure the controller and the throttle indicator are compatable.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car