lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-26-2022, 11:41 PM   #1
cclocke
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 6" A Arm Lift Kit - Tie rod rubbing against frame

Hey guys, I'm installing an SGC 6" A-Arm lift kit on my 1997 Club Car DS. After installing the front suspension, the tie rod is very close to the frame, and if I make a wide left turn on the steering wheel, the tie rod rubs against the frame slightly.

I've attached a couple photos showing the problem and potential reasons. One thing I'm concerned about is the tie rod ball joints aren't flush against the spindle. I tried to hammer them down with a mallet for a couple minutes, but what you see attached is where I'm at.

My second concern is that I didn't reuse some of the original hardware that I was maybe supposed to. The SGC instructions said to retain the hardware from removing the spindle. However, when installing the new spindle it didn't mention anything about the old hardware. Specifically, I've attached a pic of a couple washers that I'm wondering would have boosted the tie rod up enough to avoid the frame.

Any idea why this is happening and what I can do to fix it? Honestly I'm not sure how big of a deal this is, but Im worried I may have messed something up that could lead to bigger issues and just want to get it right.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PXL_20220127_035855483.jpg (115.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg PXL_20220127_035937860.jpg (99.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg PXL_20220127_040002808.jpg (150.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg PXL_20220127_040036631.jpg (240.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg PXL_20220127_040642588.NIGHT.jpg (169.9 KB, 0 views)
cclocke is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts