lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-05-2019, 03:41 PM   #1
dutch13
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Bad Boy Buggy Recoil IS Crew 72v Wiring Question

My buggy has a 72v to 12v isolated voltage reducer that is rated for 30 amp output. I want to add LED spot lights to the cart, and they have a combined amperage draw of 16 amps. My question is will I need to wire another voltage reducer to run lights and other accessories?

The cart currently only has 2 small LED headlights and a single accessory plug that is rated for 10amp max.

Do the motor controllers run on 12v as well? If so, how many amps do they draw? I can't tell how many amps are being used on the current voltage reducer. I am going to add a fuse block, and am trying to determine if I need to add another voltage reducer or just add a fuse block and wire it to the current controller. I will have to run new wires anyway, as the current wires don't seem to be sized properly to carry 30 amps.

Information on the internet seems to be very sparse about this vehicle.
dutch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 08:21 AM   #2
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Default Re: Bad Boy Buggy Recoil IS Crew 72v Wiring Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutch13 View Post
My buggy has a 72v to 12v isolated voltage reducer that is rated for 30 amp output. I want to add LED spot lights to the cart, and they have a combined amperage draw of 16 amps. My question is will I need to wire another voltage reducer to run lights and other accessories?

The cart currently only has 2 small LED headlights and a single accessory plug that is rated for 10amp max.

Do the motor controllers run on 12v as well? If so, how many amps do they draw? I can't tell how many amps are being used on the current voltage reducer. I am going to add a fuse block, and am trying to determine if I need to add another voltage reducer or just add a fuse block and wire it to the current controller. I will have to run new wires anyway, as the current wires don't seem to be sized properly to carry 30 amps.

Information on the internet seems to be very sparse about this vehicle.
The controller and motor do not run off 12v and have no impact on your voltage reducer.

I am not 100% sure about the winch, but I am pretty sure it is not 12v and does not impact voltage reducer either.

One reducer should be fine as long as the amp draw from all your accessories does not exceed 30 amps. Obviously you will have to add a separate fuse for the new lights. One other question I would have is if you have an accessory / cig lighter plug and what it is rated for.

You really need a wiring diagram, I have seen some out there for some BBB models, but not sure about yours. I feel your pain about the lack of BBB info, LOL
rockfordpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 08:42 AM   #3
dutch13
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Bad Boy Buggy Recoil IS Crew 72v Wiring Question

Thanks for the feedback!

Sorry if I wasn't clear. The accessory plug is rated for 10 amps. Never use it. Also I don't have a winch and don't plan on one. So, I will be replacing the factory wire from the voltage reducer with some 10 guage and route them to a fuseblock I will be adding behind the dash. Then I will put the accessory plug, lights, etc. all from the fuseblock.

Thanks again - just the info I needed to move forward.
dutch13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adding led lights
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO