lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-19-2014, 11:03 AM   #1
sjfishon
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Rear clutch noise?????????

have a 97 g16,, both front and rear clutches are newer, and in perfect running condition. my question is, if I run at half throttle, I notice a lot of rear noise. sounds like gearing,, anyway, when I run it wide open on the governor, the noises seem to go away,, is it because the belt is going to the bottom of rear clutch, taking out the play??? that's what I think,, I have greased both clutches. maybe this is normal, but it bothers me, and I don't want to run wide open all the time. it runs around 20mph. is there a dif rear spring, or any kind of adjustment I can make,, thanks
sjfishon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-19-2014, 02:28 PM   #2
duramax
Gone Wild

Default Re: Rear clutch noise?????????

grab your rear clutch & see if it wiggles side to side up or down the input shaft bearing may be warn mine is & it makes noise their should be no play in the shaft that the rear clutches are on
duramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 10:03 AM   #3
sjfishon
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

hey duramax;; I did check for any looseness on the rear clutch,, i have had this cart for only a year,, i got pretty lucky, the last owner did a lot to it, both clutches look like they were put on yesterday,, the rear is tight, perfect. mabey this is just normal noise, i just wish it was quiet.. as it is when wide open. thanks for the reply.
Old 05-20-2014, 02:16 PM   #4
duramax
Gone Wild

sorry that's all I got im new to the golfcart thing also im learning as I go
duramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 08:20 PM   #5
sjfishon
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

that's great dura, its the thought that really counts,, thanks
Old 05-23-2014, 02:33 AM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Sounds like input shaft bearing to me too. Is it kind of like a growling noise that increases frequency as speed increases? I have done many input bearings on dana gas axles, kind of a weak spot in those axles.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 06:49 PM   #7
sjfishon
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I found the problem,, my alt belt was a little loose, while tightening the bolts I noticed the engine move. I grabbed the air cleaner, and could move the engine up and down,, then I looked at the mounts,, I could spin them,, took each one apart,, added 2 washers, so the rubber mount was compressed tightly. that was the prob,, now its smooth , no chugging, or vibration like before, there are spacers in the mounts, I thought about just cutting them in half. but went with the washers, if any of you have an older cart like mine,97g16... check your mounts, its not a bad job. thanks all for the replys
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha