lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-25-2013, 09:40 PM   #1
bigtimegolf777
Not Yet Wild

Default Cracked front panel, what are my options

So i'm looking at buying this 98? Ez-go golf cart on craigslist and i'm trying to find out what my options are to fix the crack on the front panel. A friend of mine told me it is 500-600 to replace the panel which is a deal breaker since i'm not paying a whole lot more for the actual cart. Is there anywhere to replace this on the cheaper side? What about molding the crack together and a little paint job?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cart.jpg (25.9 KB, 0 views)
bigtimegolf777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-25-2013, 09:44 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Cracked front panel, what are my options

well the front cowl is plastic....and the price your friend quoted you is what a complete body would go for NEW. you could find a used front piece for a lot less, especially if it needs to be painted.

oh and btw.....Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to BGW. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wive's, husbands, girlfirends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:47 PM   #3
mazdawg(Mikey)
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If you can find a dealer or somewhere local that sales carts and parts you might be able to find a "take off" body. Usually shops will pull the factory bodies off and replace it with a custom painted one instead of painting the factory one. I found a close dealer that had a large stack of used bodies. I scored a front and rear piece for my cart for $75
mazdawg(Mikey) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:47 PM   #4
crash test dummy

it's an ez fix if your good with a fiberglass patch .. it does look like roof support is bent too
Old 08-25-2013, 10:16 PM   #5
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Welcome to BGW!

Easy fix for the plastic is to patch like CTD said or replace with a used one that's not broke. Frame damage, however, is not easily or cheaply fixed. The whole cart kind of looks a little, well, tweaked. It's been rolled over on its right side at one point, and aside from being cracked the front cowl looks to be pushed forward more on the passenger side than on the driver's side. Unless you can get this cart for one heck of a good deal, and don't mind some metal straightening, I would probably keep looking. Just my $0.02...
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 10:40 PM   #6
bigtimegolf777
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93yellowclubcar View Post
Welcome to BGW!

Easy fix for the plastic is to patch like CTD said or replace with a used one that's not broke. Frame damage, however, is not easily or cheaply fixed. The whole cart kind of looks a little, well, tweaked. It's been rolled over on its right side at one point, and aside from being cracked the front cowl looks to be pushed forward more on the passenger side than on the driver's side. Unless you can get this cart for one heck of a good deal, and don't mind some metal straightening, I would probably keep looking. Just my $0.02...
Thanks for your honest opinion. Is $925 a good deal in your eyes? Batteries are 3-4 years old.
bigtimegolf777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:09 AM   #7
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtimegolf777 View Post
Thanks for your honest opinion. Is $925 a good deal in your eyes? Batteries are 3-4 years old.
Your welcome, I'm glad I didn't offend anyone, I wasn't trying to point out a ton of flaws, just some things I know most buyers want to know. Batteries are probably half or a little better through their life, depending on the care that was previously taken of them, You could probably pull about two maybe three more years out of them, again, depending on the care that has previously been taken of them. Pricing varies by location, I would personally look to pay less for a cart in that condition and with batteries that old. Others will chime in I'm sure, which would be helpful. I'm in WV, and cart pricing here tends to be different from most other places.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO