lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-01-2012, 10:23 PM   #1
dylan schumacher
JUMP IT!!

E-Z-GO

Default axle talk.live axle what one

imm putting a gsxr 750 into my golfcart and im taking out the rear end because i want to put in a live axle

i want to put in a 1 1/4 solid axle but i want chromoly, and im only finding tubed chromoly axles.

can you put in some ideas of what i should put in there... should i use hollow? or should i just get a steel solid axle. also what do you guys think on bearings? and what type?
pleese put some links or ideas. thanks guys.
dylan schumacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-01-2012, 11:49 PM   #2
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

Default Re: axle talk.live axle what one

Dylan, I thought I gave you links?? You can get everything you need from the companies I listed. My axle is a 1 3/8 4130 chromoly, 1/4 key way cut in where I need attachments, I make my own axles but I buy all the hubs, bearings etc. The Aluminum tube axles are plenty strong enough for your build they take the abuse of Mini Sprint Dirt racers running wide open all the time.
rifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:04 AM   #3
dylan schumacher
JUMP IT!!

E-Z-GO

would a hollow 1 1/4 chromoly with a 1 1/4 key way bend or twist? i feel like it is gonna snap? but i trust you because you buld this stuff all the time.....
Old 05-02-2012, 10:14 AM   #4
LURCH
Gone Wild

Yamaha

They build 330 mph 8K hp cars out of chromoly. I keep from 1/4, 3/8, 1/2, 3/4, 1, 1 1/8, 1 1/4, 1 1/2, and 1 5/8 all the time to work on drag cars. It will be more than enough.

LURCH!!!!!!
LURCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:17 PM   #5
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

Dylan, I have Honda 1000RR, 154 HP, I launch at about 10,000, shift at 11,000, red line is 12,500, I have bent an axle but that was on a launch and my support bearing mount bolts by the sprocket had not been tightened so that allowed flex in the axle when the chain tightened during launch. You will not break a Chromoly axle with any of the engines you mentioned. My axle is solid not hollow, but the ones that they sell are just as good. Before you buy your axle you need to build your swing arm, mount your engine, then you can measure the center line of where your sprocket will need to be mounted on the axle, where your bearings will need to be mounted on your axle, where your disc brake rotor will need to be mounted on your axle, how wide you will want your wheel base, then you can use all that information to order the axle from a supplier that will fit and not give you anymore headaches. Or you can come to my house with a trailer and $5000.00 and you will have a proven cart with an engine with less than 6000 miles on it, an extra axle, 2 extra Sprocket Specialities sprockets that will give you 2 more different gear ratios, your choice 1 of 3 different tire wheel combinations and no work building.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:18 PM   #6
dylan schumacher
JUMP IT!!

E-Z-GO

you prob dont live near me..... how should i build swing arm? pics? i have to take this to a welder
Old 05-02-2012, 11:40 PM   #7
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

Yea, I probably don't and since you haven't filled out your profile we'll don't know where you live either. Look at all the build pictures in this section, I'm sure you'll figure it out.
Old 12-16-2017, 11:00 PM   #8
cloncherli
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

hello i am trying to build a katana 600cc powered golf cart and was wondering if you can point me in the right direction on frame modifications amd where i can find parts that i will need and any advise or websites that can help me on my build
cloncherli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 08:36 PM   #9
Jmoore1
Not Yet Wild

Show some pics of your rear axle set ups please thanks
Jmoore1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 09:07 PM   #10
JRL
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloncherli View Post
hello i am trying to build a katana 600cc powered golf cart and was wondering if you can point me in the right direction on frame modifications amd where i can find parts that i will need and any advise or websites that can help me on my build
Katana 600 is a bad choice due to the air/oil cooling. It's going to toast itself.
Find a water cooled engine.
Katana engines lived in a virtual wind tunnel. Golf cart doesn't lend itself to supply the airflow needed to cool the engine. And, Katana 600 is a big, heavy engine. And old. Very old.
A ZX6E. GSXR600, R6, any late Honda sport bike 4 cyl. Same for the liter engines. All small footprint.
No reverse in any motorcycle engine.
400-800 cc ATV liquid cooled will have better potential. Beware that some ATV sport toys don't have reverse. ATV's offer full auto, semi auto (clutchless shift), and standard clutch with 5 or 6 speed.. A Suzuki LTZ 400 would make for a fast radical toy and it has reverse.
JRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps