lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-03-2008, 01:52 PM   #1
ergoman
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Front motor mount

How loose should this be with the engine removed? I can easily swing it side to side 4 inches, up and down a few inches. I'm speaking of the rubber (I assume) pivot bushing with a vertical bolt through it.
thanks

1995 Ezgo medalist

Last edited by ergoman; 04-03-2008 at 01:54 PM.. Reason: 1995 Ezgo medalist
ergoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-03-2008, 06:17 PM   #2
ruredy
Born Wild

Default Re: Front motor mount

I'm having a hard time picturing that bushing moving side to side and up and down a few inches. Are you sure its the bushing moving that far?
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 07:26 PM   #3
ergoman
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Sorry if I wasnt clear. I mean to say the front motor mount can rotate about 3-4 inches to each side and up and down about an inch in each direction.

"I'm speaking of the rubber (I assume) pivot bushing with a vertical bolt through it" is where it is connected, and is this possibly the bad part. I'm wonder if anyone has tried to move the mount after removing the motor and if so did it move easily from side to side and/or up and down. Dont want to put the new motor in then find out it's moving too much.
thanks for your help.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:14 PM   #4
ruredy
Born Wild

The mount is made to have some give from the engine and rear twisting and moving up and down. What your describing sounds normal, as long as the rubber is still good I think it would be ok. All it really needs to do is hold the front in place, most all the engine/trans pushing force is on the springs. It doesn't take alot to hold the front in place and the rubber is to reduce vibration. If you'd like to post a pic of it we could be sure it's ok. If your cart is lifted it will sorta put this mount in a bind and make it harder to move around and sometimes it can be a real bugger to get the bolt through.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 10:57 AM   #5
ergoman
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I looked it up on the cart manual link and the rubber looks like its in place. The bolt is tight. I'll put the motor in now. thanks again for your help
Old 04-13-2008, 08:12 AM   #6
caddymankc
WILD

E-Z-GO

When you drive it you can feel if the bolts are too loose, i had to tighten mine up more after testing it for the first time.
caddymankc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO