lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-18-2019, 03:22 PM   #11
n5yzv
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Nissan Leaf batteries set up.

Ahh. the other thread they used 14. I bet it performs amazing.
n5yzv is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-19-2019, 09:48 AM   #12
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

You can use 7 modules for 58.8v max and around 55-58ah of usable capacity from a reputable seller. The 14 modules are getting double the usable ah capacity.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 12:16 PM   #13
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

If you don't want "Range Anxiety" go with 14 modules.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 05:09 PM   #14
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
If you don't want "Range Anxiety" go with 14 modules.
I agree. 14 will keep you from stressing out about "can I get back."
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 07:57 AM   #15
ysrman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

mark,

I think the way lithiums are rated and the way lead acid are rated are very different. A 140 ah lead acid will only give 140ah on a very low current draw. as they are under load the actual amp hours available goes way down. Lithiums do not do this. someone chime in if im wrong but a 7 cel leaf pack at 58ah will be very similar to the range of stock lead acid batteries. My 14 cel pack gets 55 miles of range.

below is a graph of the miles driven on a 7 cel leaf pack.
ysrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 08:44 AM   #16
n5yzv
Not Yet Wild

Ok, so, you really opened my eyes. I'm not really "aware" of the range a stock battery set can go with one of these carts. But, I plan to use mine for around the house stuff. I live on 6 acres. I'm getting the feeling that 2 packs would be massive overkill. I wonder how the increased amp draw would affect one pack?

My cart is stock. 96 Club Car DS. I'm certain my batteries are almost done (works fine right after charge, but within 1 mile starts to shudder with the slightest hill). Also, my charger isn't charging. Thus, I either have a controller issue or a charger issue. I figure why mess with either one and go Lithium.

Thoughts?
Old 04-22-2019, 09:00 AM   #17
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

If you're using the cart for just around the house stuff, a 7 module pack will be fine. I'm far from stock when it come to controller and motor and I've gone around 15 miles comfortably with my pack. I probably could've pushed closer to 20 mile but I didn't want to risk walking back home

ysrman; I think you're meaning modules instead of cells when talking about your current Leaf lithium pack. You have a 14 module (28 cell) pack and I have a 7 module (14 cell) pack. Hopefully this will help not to confuse folks when doing research on converting to lithium.

And to answer your question ysrman, yes I would compare the distance of a 7 module Leaf pack with 55 ah of usable capacity to a 170 ah pack of six 8 volt lead acid batteries in new condition.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 09:15 AM   #18
n5yzv
Not Yet Wild

So, any specs or suggestions on a BMS and charger? I was stalling to order the 14 set of batteries due to cost. Now with 7, heh, no brainer. Currently I hook up my two Noco 24v chargers manually when I need to charge, which if often.
Old 04-22-2019, 09:54 AM   #19
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCPW View Post
If you're using the cart for just around the house stuff, a 7 module pack will be fine. I'm far from stock when it come to controller and motor and I've gone around 15 miles comfortably with my pack. I probably could've pushed closer to 20 mile but I didn't want to risk walking back home

ysrman; I think you're meaning modules instead of cells when talking about your current Leaf lithium pack. You have a 14 module (28 cell) pack and I have a 7 module (14 cell) pack. Hopefully this will help not to confuse folks when doing research on converting to lithium.

And to answer your question ysrman, yes I would compare the distance of a 7 module Leaf pack with 55 ah of usable capacity to a 170 ah pack of six 8 volt lead acid batteries in new condition.
Agree totally. My 7 module pack gets me 20/21 miles of neighborhood/backroads driving and still have 30/35% SOC. My FLA's were just a little less than that.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 10:12 AM   #20
DaveTM
Gone Wild

The BMS I choose was the ZEVA. So far, I like it a lot. My charger is a ElCon TC 1800W on board charger. It's programed so that I can set it through my ZEVA BMS.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car