lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-27-2018, 10:04 PM   #1
TA_29
Not Yet Wild

Question Yamaha YDRE air suspension

Hello,

I’m New to the forum.

Seems like there’s alot of knowledge and examples on this site.

I’m interested in airbagging my lifted cart. Not looking for a low rider just want the airbags.

I have searched and cannot seem to find many threads on the subject.

Any examples would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

TN
TA_29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-30-2018, 06:43 PM   #2
MCJEFE
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Yamaha YDRE air suspension

Interested to see if there's something that I can adapt for my CC Precedent after my lithium install...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
MCJEFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 08:21 PM   #3
Kerusm
Getting Wild

Default Yamaha YDRE air suspension

Did you ever find any information? I have a 2010 G29 w/ 6 inch lift and 23” tires and it was really unstable at first. I’ve added 2” wheel spacers, spacers to rear springs and added weight to the front. It’s a lot better but rides rough. Would like to know what you might have found. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kerusm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 09:47 AM   #4
TA_29
Not Yet Wild

I have already been heading in a direction. I have purchased everything and will start the fabrication in the next month.

I’ve just been using automotive examples online and my own judgment how to do it. It will work really well when complete however I’m alway curious about other examples. Theres always different approaches and things I may have not considered

I have been purchasing all the different parts to accommodate my wants (needs)
For the air system.

—you could buy an eBay kit and save a lot of money..

I really wanted certain parts so it’s quite a bit more.

I have 23” tires as well

The air suspension will lower to where the fenders are .5” above the wheels and raise 7”

I’m using air bags rather than a more common approach air shock. I chose “slam specialties #SS-5 “

Integrating the airbags is 100% custom in rear. I’m also seriously considering a 4 link because I’ll already be into it fairly deep.

Front I’m starting with a madjax 6” lift I purchased used on CL. It has to be modified pretty significant.

Thanks,
TN
Old 01-05-2019, 12:05 PM   #5
Kerusm
Getting Wild

Ok. It’s obvious that your talent and knowledge concerning this is levels above mine. I’ve always had good luck with Yamaha products and was my main reason for purchasing a G29 as my first cart. I found out later that it’s not the ideal cart to lift 6”. I’ve read many post about the poor handling, unsafe, etc. but wasn’t giving up on it. I’ve been able to make it into the cart I wanted and with the Plowmans riot kit it is plenty fast and has unbelievable torque. I would love to follow your project, see pics and learn more. Thanks.

Old 01-05-2019, 06:50 PM   #6
TA_29
Not Yet Wild

Appreciate the vote of confidence. I’m not extremely knowledgeable however I’m surely willing to dive right it and snowball the project.. lol

Personally I chose the Yamaha as well and I like the cart alot other than the ride (too stiff)

I would have to believe most carts feel stiff when you add that extra heavy spring in the rear.

I work very close to plowmans I’ll have to stop in and check out his upgrades.

I have the alltrax 500amp controller already but I need (want) to upgrade the motor.

I’ll be sure to post some pics of the mods.

Thanks,
TN
Old 01-05-2019, 07:03 PM   #7
Kerusm
Getting Wild

Sounds good. I would definitely like to see your build progress. Don Plowman is a heck of a guy and will go above and beyond helping his customers. Great guy and great with these Yamaha’s.

Old 01-05-2019, 09:03 PM   #8
drift240se
Gone Wild

Yamaha

First i must say, any 6 inch lift on any cart is less stable than stock. I did a long travel kit to lift 6 inches and mine is more stable. can slide sideways all day without a thought of rolling. second, the ride is stiff. I really really think its mostly the stiff seats. I am on all kinds of carts all the time and the g29 could have triple rate springs and feel stiff because the seat cushions are so solid. Now the on the rear suspension. just remember if you change the rear to an independent setup.... it will lean a good bit more in turns if the spring rate isnt pretty stiff. and YES Don is the man to talk to. Definitely following this thread to see the outcome
drift240se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 08:10 PM   #9
Kerusm
Getting Wild

Drift240se, I believe the cart your speaking of is in your profile pic. If so, it makes sense that you would be experiencing better handling. Without the rear seat and a full canopy would make a big difference. I mainly use mine off road, hunting, etc. and when passengers were on the back is when I was having issues but a lot better now but pretty stiff ride. I hadn’t thought about the seats and you might be on to something. Maybe I can figure a air ride seat like is on my tractor. That would be cool.

Old 01-06-2019, 08:25 PM   #10
drift240se
Gone Wild

Yamaha

good point with the top. i do usually have the back seat on as it is also my cooler for beer lol. When haulin extra people around, its just sway time no matter what cart on whatever setup. Ive drivin just about all setups on all platforms. passengers on the back seat just plain out means slow down. the seat itself is a big difference. my brother has a custom filled seat on his g29 and it feels like its riding on triple rate springs set to perfection. thats the only difference between the two. his is setup with EXACTLY the same lift, springs, gas pressure in shocks. tire pressure. all of it.
drift240se is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts