lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-14-2020, 03:13 PM   #1
RCR808
Not Yet Wild

Default 1205m-5606

I’m troubleshooting an EZGO nonDCS upgraded to 1205m-5606 controller. No movement but solenoid clicks. New fnr(contact board and cam), HD solenoid, and ITS. Tested motor by providing direct 12v to it in both direction, runs fine.
I have pack voltage at B+ on controller. When activating solenoid checking voltage at M- I got 13.2v out at initial clicking of solenoid and no change at full throttle. So now I’m running out of ideas. The one question is what are the throttle signal should I be seeing? Would that be the issue causing it for not running.
RCR808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-14-2020, 04:23 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1205m-5606

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCR808 View Post
I’m troubleshooting an EZGO nonDCS upgraded to 1205m-5606 controller. No movement but solenoid clicks. New fnr(contact board and cam), HD solenoid, and ITS. Tested motor by providing direct 12v to it in both direction, runs fine.
I have pack voltage at B+ on controller. When activating solenoid checking voltage at M- I got 13.2v out at initial clicking of solenoid and no change at full throttle. So now I’m running out of ideas. The one question is what are the throttle signal should I be seeing? Would that be the issue causing it for not running.
If your negative test lead is on the controller's B- terminal and the positive test lead is on the controller's M- terminal, your should get Full battery pack voltage when pedal is pushed just far enough to make solenoid click and it should decrease to zero volts as pedal is pushed to floor.

Getting 13.2V could indicate the high current circuit (thick cables) has excessive resistance in it, or it could mean the controller is getting a partial throttle signal.

The ITS voltages are determined by the Make & Model of the controller. Attached is for a Shuttle with a 1205 controller, but the ITS for a 1205M may be different.

Also attached is a 1205M manual
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1205 - ITS voltage.jpg (82.6 KB, 0 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 1204m1205m_n.pdf (816.4 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 11:03 AM   #3
RCR808
Not Yet Wild

Found that the Molex connector on the throttle harness had high resistance. Bypassed connector and butt spliced new wire to controller. Cart now runs! Thank you for info!
RCR808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 11:23 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCR808 View Post
Found that the Molex connector on the throttle harness had high resistance. Bypassed connector and butt spliced new wire to controller. Cart now runs! Thank you for info!
That in-line connector is the source of a lot of throttle issues.

Thanks for the feedback.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO