lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-02-2018, 07:59 AM   #1
Rickochet
Card Carrying Old Fart

E-Z-GO

Default Lithium Pack Charging Question

I have one of the assembled lithium packs from EVBatteryCenter in my cart and got the 4amp charger that goes with it. I have been very careful not letting the voltage get too low on the pack because supposedly that 4 amp charger will not turn on if the pack is under 35. I know the pack was 37.5v when I used it last week but on the morning I was leaving the lake I parked it at 34v. No issue for the pack since you supposedly can run them down to 25v, but my charger may not start. I was looking at one of these since it already has an SB50 that matches my pack charger plug. The one shown is for 5a. I was planning to use this to bring voltage up to where my lith charger will start and use the lith charger it to bring the pack to normal termination voltage. Any comments from anyone would be appreciated. EVBatteryCenter has an 11a charger that does turn on at lower voltages but they are out of stock. https://www.ebay.com/itm/36V-36-Volt...0AAOSw7Bda9T3U
Rickochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-02-2018, 09:33 AM   #2
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Default Re: Lithium Pack Charging Question

Before buying that one I would first contact Neli through email to be sure they're out of stock. They've been having since website issue as of late from what I'm told and I ordered a lot of things to assemble my own pack that showed were out of stock but after emailing Neli she had them on hand and shipped them out promptly.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 09:41 AM   #3
Rickochet
Card Carrying Old Fart

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCPW View Post
Before buying that one I would first contact Neli through email to be sure they're out of stock. They've been having since website issue as of late from what I'm told and I ordered a lot of things to assemble my own pack that showed were out of stock but after emailing Neli she had them on hand and shipped them out promptly.
I sent them an email and got a reply from Neli. I have difficulty with my poor hearing talking with Nick on the phone. I also have trouble understanding a lot of Neli's email replies. I don't think she understood my issue. I did mention the 11a charger being shown as out of stock online and she did not mention that is was or wasn't. Plus it is not cheap at about $175. I may be selling the cart soon also so I want to minimize any future expenditures. I may give them a call to check on the charger availability.
Old 09-02-2018, 11:42 AM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Going cheapskate on chargers is a bad idea.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 12:11 PM   #5
Rickochet
Card Carrying Old Fart

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Going cheapskate on chargers is a bad idea.
I agree in general, but all I am trying to do is to get voltage up from 34v to 36v under close observation one time to get the voltage up to a range where my lithium charger will be used. After that I will try not to let voltage drop below my charger start voltage. I have a ScottyB DVM in my dash and will be closely monitoring the pack voltage.
Old 09-02-2018, 01:40 PM   #6
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Do you still have the stock Lead Acid controller? Slap that on there till it gets the V up enough to kick on your lith charger.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 01:52 PM   #7
Rickochet
Card Carrying Old Fart

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsonj View Post
Do you still have the stock Lead Acid controller? Slap that on there till it gets the V up enough to kick on your lith charger.
Everything is stock except for the battery pack. Still have stock controller with Run/Tow switch. I also have the OEM 36v charger and a Stanley multi volt charger.

I just read on an email from EVBatteryCenter that the discharge of my pack is not gradual and takes a nose dive at about 37v. Now they tell me.
Old 09-02-2018, 03:08 PM   #8
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Doh! I typed controller and meant charger... I must need some more sleep! Sorry about that.

Put the stock charger on it till it gets the V up high enough for your lith charger to start.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 03:16 PM   #9
Rickochet
Card Carrying Old Fart

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsonj View Post
Put the stock charger on it till it gets the V up high enough for your lith charger to start.
I have the little Powewise Q charger that everyone hates I could put and SB50 connector on that should work ok. I think it has a black and white wires. I will have to see if polarity is marked.
Old 09-02-2018, 03:46 PM   #10
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickochet View Post
I have the little Powewise Q charger that everyone hates I could put and SB50 connector on that should work ok. I think it has a black and white wires. I will have to see if polarity is marked.
Don't put a sb50 on a powerwise QE, it requires the temp sensor to be present with the stock charge port to work.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO