lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-24-2018, 10:37 AM   #11
Golfcartmangreen
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: bad boy buggy clicking sounds

Hey Andrew I would love to know if during your information gathering you found out what the green flashing lights on controller mean , mine flashes 6 times then sometimes 3 any help would be appreciated
Golfcartmangreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-24-2018, 01:16 PM   #12
Andrewk35
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

I actually got some information from the Sevcon engineer himself. What controller do you have?
Andrewk35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 10:43 AM   #13
Andrewk35
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfcartmangreen View Post
Hey Andrew I would love to know if during your information gathering you found out what the green flashing lights on controller mean , mine flashes 6 times then sometimes 3 any help would be appreciated
I actually got some information from the Sevcon engineer himself. What controller do you have? Also I can send you what I got from them as I can't figure out how to post a picture without a http address.
Old 08-23-2018, 09:27 AM   #14
Pookdalook
Not Yet Wild

How were you able to determine year and model of your BBB? Mine may be a 2011 but not sure on the model. Need a wiring diagram to hook up the charger leads. Front motor was burned up so I just disconnected the power, capped the leads and it seems to run fine.
Pookdalook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 05:56 AM   #15
Finmad
Not Yet Wild

I am chasing a similar issue with my 08 BBB. The first issue you described turned out to be two things on mine. Someone from the factory spliced both solenoid activation hot wires from the main Green wire from the keyswitch, instead of one solenoid from green and one from White. The second reason for the issue, and probably why they did both from one hot, was the terminal on the fuse block for the white lead was loose at the rivet and would go on and off with any movement. Took me a couple hours to figure it out.

I got those worked out and then the rear stopped working and now I have 12 flashes on that controller and the voltage meter is flashing dead, but the pack is at full charge.

Did you ever figure out what happened with the 12 flashes?
Finmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 09:38 AM   #16
Andrewk35
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Yes. It is monitor tripped. Which is saying measured armature or field current was out of permissible range (150% of block rating). According to the guy that works on my motors he thinks the new batteries I got were not rated high enough with amp hours or amperage to run the motor causing it to over heat.
Old 09-13-2018, 08:54 AM   #17
PoppiesBBB
Not Yet Wild

Andrewk (or anyone else), I have a BBB 2011 (2012??) xto 48v full time 4wd. I would like to get a copy of your schematic. also, I have one I believe to be a 2011 BBB Classic if anyone would like a copy.
PoppiesBBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 08:04 AM   #18
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

According to all the Sevcon manuals i got on my PC, 12 flashes is not even possible. On another thread i even posted a fault chart, where only 10 flashes, representing autozero not completed, was the maximum. Not sure why you are getting 12 unless it has two faults and they are flashing in sequence or something.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 01:41 PM   #19
Andrewk35
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

18218618 BAD BOY HP REGEN WD1.pdf

SEVCON MillipaK SEM Regen Eval Form - Bad Boy.pdf

Sevcon fault codes for Bad Boy MillipaK.pdf
Old 11-05-2018, 01:42 PM   #20
Andrewk35
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

That is what I have received so far from the controller people. Hope it helps someone out.

Tags
bad boy buggy, buggy problems, clicking but nothing
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts