lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-15-2016, 05:27 PM   #1
ewingwr
Not Yet Wild

Default 2011 yamaha ydre

So I purchased one used a week ago. I have power but it won't run. According to the wiring diagram, what I am looking at is the connector to the IR transceiver. When I got the cart this connector with the dummy pin in it was either melted or corroded or whatever. Now it's just the four wirings hanging. Could this be related to my no go issue? And where can I find the plug? Thanks in advance.
ewingwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-15-2016, 08:40 PM   #2
Wanny07
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 2011 yamaha ydre

Pictures would help if you can
Wanny07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 09:04 PM   #3
ewingwr
Not Yet Wild

I'll take pics when I get home, although it's really just four wire ends that were in some kind of connector.
Old 07-15-2016, 09:06 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

just keep the wires from touching each other, Very Important! if they have already touched, the logic board sealed in the controller may be destroyed. (dont bother opening the controller, its filled with rubber & cant be serviced by you). the dummy plug just keeps corrosion & dirt away, its not a jumper of any kind. what does the cart do, if anything? (solenoid clicks? reverse buzzer at correct times? resists pushing/rolling away when "tow/run" switch in "run" position?)
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 10:29 PM   #5
ewingwr
Not Yet Wild

The cart doesn't do anything. I know I have power, batteries are brand new. The light on the cart works and the horn works. The solenoid doesn't click. I already replaced the solenoid with an oe Yamaha solenoid and still nothing.
Old 07-16-2016, 02:57 AM   #6
cgtech

Yamaha

you can get the plug components at wirecare .com
Old 07-19-2016, 03:05 PM   #7
ewingwr
Not Yet Wild

So I did some more checking last night. I still have no click at the solenoid. I'm not fully up on how the electrical systems on these things work. The power goes from the solenoid to the controller to the motor correct? Assuming that is correct, if I'm getting no click from the solenoid, (after having tried two different solenoids) then I have some sort of a wiring problem, and haven't made it to the controller, right?
Old 07-19-2016, 04:03 PM   #8
ewingwr
Not Yet Wild

Talked to the guy I bought the cart from a little bit ago. I got some information that I had not originally gotten. When he got the cart it did not run. He said if he had it up on jackstands he could get the wheels to turn but it was weak. It was his intention to figure out what was going on before he bought batteries, and never got around to it, thus he sold it to me. I have since put new batteries in it, but now I'm left in a bit of a stuck spot, because I think now the problem I'm chasing might be bigger than I originally thought. What I do know for sure so far:

Replaced all batteries
Replaced solenoid, solenoid still not clicking (replaced with OE Yamaha solenoid)
Testing with power probe, my tow/run switch is good, as is my f/r switch

My original thoughts were possibly the foot pedal switch, but I am not sure how to test it, or given the new information, if I would be better off going a different direction?

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-19-2016, 10:36 PM   #9
cgtech

Yamaha

the solenoid gets its power to activate from 2 places. the tow/run switch provides the 48v B+ power to the small "activation" wires at solenoid. the controller controlls when to supply the B- to the activation circuit at the solenoid. so, check for 48v B+ to the small terminal with red wire @ solenoid when tow/run switch is on run, if that is good, you are lacking the "ok" from the controller to activate the B- side and close the solenoid. if this is the case, (48v B+ is present on small red wire), and the controller does not activate the solenoid briefly when the tow/run switch is flipped to run, the controller is failed. this is assumimg you have a stock controller. also, you implied that the reverse beeper also never works (is it plugged in, its under the nose of the cart?), thats another "red flag" to me of a failed controller if the tow/run switch is powering the small red terminal at the solenoid (also the source of B+ to the reverse beeper). also, the pedal switch would not prevent the controller from powering up the solenoid when tow/run is flipped on. the pedal switch does not power the solenoid, it just tells the controller you would like to go, and tells the controller that the controller should turn the solenoid on so you can go. hope this makes some sense, feel free to add more or ask more.
Old 07-19-2016, 11:01 PM   #10
ewingwr
Not Yet Wild

Under the f/r switch is another toggle switch and the beeper is wired to that.

At this point I'm considering a new controller regardless. If I'm at this point, why not? I picked this cart up for $100. I bought six new batteries (I work at an auto shop, so I got batteries through a supplier at cost which came to $575 for all 6. As it sits I'm only 700 into this cart, and the body is in pristine condition outside of needing a good cleaning ( no dents no scratches ). I have no idea what a cart of this type in good running condition would sell for, but I'm guessing that even with a new controller I'm still in it right in terms of money.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha