lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-11-2019, 01:48 PM   #1
JayWalk
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Unhappy PLEASE HELP. All hope lost. Marathon

Good day all,

I would like to start by stating that any help provided is greatly appreciated in advance. I would also like to note that I have spent 6 hours researching this site but have yet to understand the issue. Regardless to still being down, you guys really know your stuff!!! This is the third golf cart I have built and I have never been this stuck! pictures of all three attached. (1st - 89 marathon, 2nd - 04 txt, current 93 marathon)

PROBLEM - 1993 EZGO Marathon - Attempting to have it done by fathers so I can give it to my dad. I cannot get the cart to move at all. Solenoid clicks when I turn the key put does not move.

WORK DONE SO FAR - You will laugh now as i cry. Replaced all batteries, replaced "pot", replaced controller, replaced F&R switch. replaced ALL wiring.
Have tried 4 solenoids. All results the same.

ADDITIONAL INFO - The Solenoid has 36+ volts at both big terminals and at the small terminal that connects to pot. Is it possible to put a solenoid on upside down? Have EVERY wiring diagram you guys have served up for the marathon.

I have new EVERYTHING for ths cart. (seats, fender caps, spike guards, brush guard front and rear, rims and tires, and just vinyl wrapped the whole cart. (Again for fathers day gift) this is all fine and dandy and it will be sweet once complete but worthless as I cannot make it move. Pretty sucky feeling since I have had success with EZGOs in the past.

Thanks again for any advise.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GOLF CART (3).jpg (226.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20190401_184313.jpg (209.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20190420_150833.jpg (195.7 KB, 0 views)
JayWalk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
marathon, microswitch, pot, solenoid
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO