lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-28-2012, 06:28 PM   #1
Westbayou
Not Yet Wild

Default Buggies Unlimited 6" A-arm lift issue

Well I guess you get what you pay for. I installed the front half of the Buggies Unlimited 6" A-arm lift I ordered off of e-bay today. Can't complain about the price or the quality yet. However, the one issue I found is the upper A-arms contact the bolts that attached the assembly to the frame, preventing them from full downward travel. It is impossible to put them in incorrectly, so it seems like it just is what it is. Has anyone else had this issue when installing this lift? It looks like my only option will be to figure out how to cut the bolts above the nuts. Other than that, not a bad kit for $199 shipped.

Cart is a 1994 CC DS.
Westbayou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:32 PM   #2
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Buggies Unlimited 6" A-arm lift issue

If its' contacting the threaded remainder of the bolt,past the nut,could you install the bolts the other way,then the head should clear.Or if not,cut the bolt 1 or 2 threads out from the nut.Without seeing it,its' kind of hard to give an accurate answer.A pic would help.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:44 PM   #3
Westbayou
Not Yet Wild

You nailed it. I'm going to cut the bolt. The way the lift is assembled, you can't take the bolt out and flip it the other way without completely disassembling the "pre-assembled" portion. Plus, then the bolt would interfere with the lower A-arm. DOH!!!!
Old 09-30-2012, 10:45 AM   #4
lmswest
Gone Wild

Love it when people buy from another forum then come here for a solution... You do get what you pay for..
lmswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:29 AM   #5
Westbayou
Not Yet Wild

Love it when uninformed people come in my thread just to crap on it. Hey genius, that other forum had nothing to do with my purchase. Feel free to do a search, not a member there and didn't even know it existed when I bought the lift from a FORUM SPONSOR HERE.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:59 PM   #6
Xact1
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have been thinking about which lift kit to purchase. I was on the fence about some of the lift kits on the market. Yes, many of the sponsors do offer a less expensive version of an A-arm kit.

I think that I will pony up the extra bucks and go with an Allsports kit. My wallet will hurt, but I have read many good things about them.

Westbayou, thanks for the information.
Xact1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:08 PM   #7
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westbayou View Post
Love it when uninformed people come in my thread just to crap on it. Hey genius, that other forum had nothing to do with my purchase. Feel free to do a search, not a member there and didn't even know it existed when I bought the lift from a FORUM SPONSOR HERE.
BU is not a site sponsor, and most likely never will be. They have a very poor track record with this forum.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:13 PM   #8
Westbayou
Not Yet Wild

Bought the lift from Trademark Carts through eBay. It is described on their website as the BU lift.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:29 AM   #9
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Don't you love it when guys fight on forums and prove nothing. You boys have fun. I'm outa here.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:50 PM   #10
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Lol, this forum was created because the BU forum was so very....military about things. Lot of people here don't like BU for that reason. Beyond that BU was bought and is, I'm told, pretty much mail order warehouse empire now, the stores are gone. All that aside, this site was intended for cart people to discuss anything, including BU products....but just so you know that is why people may not be so keen on them.

Are you sure the shocks/springs will travel beyond this point? Sometimes things are left that way because there is some reason it should not travel that far, maybe steering bind or shock travel for example. Or they figured that was good enough and left it. IMO a CC front is unnecessarily complicated to start with, but just my .02.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts