lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-06-2016, 02:57 PM   #1
lisey04
Not Yet Wild

Default Jerking while accelerating

Just recently our 2009 Precedent Club Cart is jerking while we are accelerating. It started off small but has gotten significantly worse. We live in a neighborhood that allows golf carts and its to the point that when i am driving it less than 1/2 a mile from my house i am afraid i will not make it back home without it dying. 3 of the 4 batteries were replaced last spring and 1 just a month ago. All the wires to the batteries have been recently changed as well. Any ideas?
lisey04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 03:26 PM   #2
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Jerking while accelerating

You have MCOR troubles and possibly more. READ THIS ARTICLE - some of it is specific to your year of Precedent.
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 05:55 PM   #3
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisey04 View Post
Just recently our 2009 Precedent Club Cart is jerking while we are accelerating. It started off small but has gotten significantly worse. We live in a neighborhood that allows golf carts and its to the point that when i am driving it less than 1/2 a mile from my house i am afraid i will not make it back home without it dying. 3 of the 4 batteries were replaced last spring and 1 just a month ago. All the wires to the batteries have been recently changed as well. Any ideas?
OK so lets start at the very beginning here as it sounds as though you have a 48 volt cart that is using four 12 volt batteries. Right? First off tell us exactly what is the brand and model number on those batteries? Do you have a hand held voltage meter and can you tell us what your battery voltages are?
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 08:37 AM   #4
lisey04
Not Yet Wild

teecro- yes you are correct we have 4 12 volt batteries. We started with Trojan T1278 (i believe) and just recently converted to 4 Crown 12 volt batteries. I am not sure which model number but i can check later.

joesam- Based on some research i have done i thought it was the MCOR as well. I did read that article you posted but I am still not sure what to do. Where is the MCOR located? Can we buy one easily if we need to replace the TPS? and where do I find the TPS on the golf cart?

Thank you for your help!
Old 06-07-2016, 08:49 AM   #5
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Call David at http://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/ he'll make all your problems go away.
usgicollector is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 09:17 AM   #6
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisey04 View Post
teecro- yes you are correct we have 4 12 volt batteries. We started with Trojan T1278 (i believe) and just recently converted to 4 Crown 12 volt batteries. I am not sure which model number but i can check later.

joesam- Based on some research i have done i thought it was the MCOR as well. I did read that article you posted but I am still not sure what to do. Where is the MCOR located? Can we buy one easily if we need to replace the TPS? and where do I find the TPS on the golf cart?

Thank you for your help!
Ok knowing that you have Crowns removes my biggest fear when dealing with a cart with 12 volt batteries is that someone replaced with Marine Deep Cycle or worse yet with automotive batteries....

The info you are receiving about the MCOR and who to purchase from is spot on...
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 08:51 AM   #7
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

Sometimes we sound like a broken record referring people to David at Revolution Golf Cars - but yours is specifically a manufacturer issue and he is an "official" CC Parts supplier. In fact he was the author of the article I linked you to. He can supply guidance as well as the correct fix if you are being afflicted with the TPS issue.

The MCOR is located below your foot pedals - which are removable for inspection/repair.
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 08:53 AM   #8
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

lisey04....

First you need to figure out which throttle unit is on your cart. Take the floormat out by removing the four T-40 torx bolts from the floormat retainers (2 on each side). Then remove the pedal assembly. You'll have two T-30 and two T40 bolts holding it in. Lift it out and you'll see the throttle unit on the passenger side of the pedal assembly beneath the accelerator pedal. If it's got a TPS you'll need to order an Excel throttle adapter (103682701) for a TPS/MCOR conversion and an MCOR4 conversion kit (AM293001). If your cart has the IQ drive system you can do without the adapter. The adapter has necessary resistors only needed for the Excel system. If it's an IQ car, the resistors are not necessary and the proper procedure would be to cut off the TPS plug and solder or crimp the MCOR4 plugs onto the ends of the wire harness. The drive system can be identified by the vehicle serial number. If you'll post the info on what your cart already has plus your vehicle serial number we'll get you going in the right direction.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 08:53 AM   #9
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Thanks guys... You were posting at the same time as I was. lol
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 10:20 AM   #10
lisey04
Not Yet Wild

Thank you everyone! I will try to check today and get back to you, David.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car