lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-23-2020, 10:11 AM   #1
vwgtiman
Not Yet Wild

Default MadJax Style A Arm Leaf Spring Issue

I have a 08 RXV Gas and this leaf spring setup on the front seems to want to rotate / twisting the bolts and bushings that transfer the weight from a arm to spring. Any ideas? Is it just a issue with tightening that center leaf bolt? Is there any correct process on how tight the bolts w/ the bushings should be? Seems like it would change preload but it doesn't help keep the leaf straight.

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9184.jpg (318.2 KB, 0 views)
vwgtiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-23-2020, 05:22 PM   #2
Bullseye07
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: MadJax Style A Arm Leaf Spring Issue

I’m having the same issue with this lift on my electric Yamaha. Would love to know if someone knows what’s going on.
Bullseye07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 07:37 AM   #3
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Its just the nature of the beast with that front leaf spring design. It's not that great of a design, cars got away from it in the 30's lol. It looks like there are provisions for coil over shocks on the top a arm? Could you convert over to coil overs? If you have to provisions for it, it's worth a shot. It would ride and handle so much better.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 11:51 PM   #4
vwgtiman
Not Yet Wild

Top brackets are for the shocks I didn’t mount due to not having enough room. It’s a terrible setup at least for the kit I got. I already pulled it off and went back to stock. I think I will be happier with bigger wheels and some better traction tires and stock suspension. No way can I have the kids drive with that lift on. Squirrelly is an understatement. The stock handling and turning radius has me spoiled and right now that’s more important. It will hurt buying factory front struts at some point when a full lift isn’t much more.
vwgtiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 06:22 AM   #5
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

I have used the Jakes LT kit on several carts, handling is very good, and the ride is better than stock. Just a thought.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts