lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-15-2010, 04:11 PM   #1
Steelhead
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Older Club Car terrel rear axcel

Hello fello Carter's. I am very new to this forum and Golf Carting, so please excuse my ignorance. I recently bought a Club Car on ebay that trun out to have issues on the steering gear box (fixed by replacement) and now I am hearing a rasping noise on every second wheel turn comming from the rear axcel (I found it is called a terrel unit) any suggestions? Also I found the drain plug and just above that a level plug and just above that a fill plug.

Question: should the amount of oils only reach the level plug? and what kind of oil is recommended? (removed electric motor and leaked some fluid. When checking level oil spilled out)

Question: can someone lead me to a rebuild kit for this unit including seals and does anyone have a break up diaogram on this unit?

Thanks for you time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1050273.JPG (97.3 KB, 17 views)
Steelhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-15-2010, 06:09 PM   #2
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Older Club Car terrel rear axcel

Before you start any repairs do yourself a favor and get an parts-service manual before going any further. Number one if you lost oil when removing motor from axle while still in cart its way over full "OR" oil has been added at wrong location, UNLESS YOU DROPPED DIFFENTIAL OUT AND HAD IT ON GROUND? The "Check" plug is also the "FILL" plug about even with bottom of round axle housing, and bottom plug is to drain and check for metal and moisture. The needed total fluid is 22 oz of 30 weight motor oil. What sounds like what you think is fill plug is really a air vent plug up near motor and should never have oil added as it can get into motor ruining it??
The sound you may be hearing is either a brake problem, bearing problem, or possibly a guide ring or bushing depending on year and model of cart ( always give year, model, serial number when asking for help from forum ) that goes between motor spline shaft and input shaft on differential?
Are you asking for a motor rebuild kit or a differential kit?
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 11:23 PM   #3
Steelhead
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

OLD MEC pleasure to meet you and thanks for your wise reply. I was told it was a 92 club car, but after researching the steering box that I replaced, I found that it was more like an 82. I did try to locate the serial # but I think it was removed or I'm looking in the wrong place. Here are some stampled numbers that I found on the Diffential (right below the level plug) #142778 and 83KP. I also found this part # on the Diffential 0732 120.

Oh yes, the rebuild kit would be for the Diffential. Thanks again this is what the axcel looks like after the cleanup job I did.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1050340.JPG (95.6 KB, 16 views)
Steelhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 08:52 AM   #4
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

From picture looks like much modified CC ( Club Car )? Have you 2 or 3 pedals, if 3 you have older Caroche CC which is much wanted by many CC owners for much different body than later models? The serial number TAG for Caroche carts is on top of frame just inboard ( toward middle ) of drivers side battery bank under seat. All later models have serial number tag on frame just under passenger side glove box.
For parts for your differential you will need to go to CC dealer and if its as old as you think you may have a different differential anyway? Lots of older carts end up with more modern parts and assemblies. The motor looks like older style and or replacement motor that has access to brushes while CC later models are closed in and complete tear down is required to get to brushes.
For reference go to Club Car Parts Direct for parts lists and assembly pictures as they start with 1984 and up.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car