lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-19-2019, 10:57 AM   #11
EZAir1
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Honda Clarity battery packs

Here was our conversation about this.-

Jimmy H to me
This package come with charger/meter. BMS or not you have to do your own research. But with your short trip and low useage a BMS would only complicate thing and most likely not necessary.

Harv
Tue, Jul 16, 12:27 PM (3 days ago)
to Jimmy

Do you bottom balance the batteries before shipping?

Jimmy H
Tue, Jul 16, 1:09 PM (3 days ago)
to me

Why?

These battery are already in perfect sync with each other... if you attempt to even do any type of balancing, you're only taking them out of balance.

You need to be careful about getting your infos on the internet, not all of them are practical and necessary for certain thing.

If you put a cheap BMS on this, it will ruin the battery more than helping it... They are within .005 volts in balance... there's no BMS out there that can match it, other than the stock vehicle bms.
EZAir1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-19-2019, 01:08 PM   #12
cricketo
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZAir1 View Post

If you put a cheap BMS on this, it will ruin the battery more than helping it... They are within .005 volts in balance... there's no BMS out there that can match it, other than the stock vehicle bms.
cricketo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 02:57 PM   #13
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketo View Post
x2
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 03:50 PM   #14
MCJEFE
Gone Wild

Club Car

Just curious if Jimmy H. is "AZLithium" that sells heavily on Ebay? I hadn't really heard anything positive or negative about them yet...

What you're being told is not what most people seem to think around here... There are a number of people that I have seen that have chosen to run without a BMS apparently without issue. I've also seen several that have "bricked" modules because they either got out of balance because they weren't checking it or the cell voltage got to low because they didn't have a LV disconnect. If a cell's voltage goes to low just once it can cause the cell to break down internally and make it unsafe...

This is a great place to do some research and make an educated choice.

https://batteryuniversity.com/learn/

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
MCJEFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 04:52 PM   #15
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCPW View Post
x2
X3
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 06:37 PM   #16
EZAir1
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Thanks MCJEFE, I appreciate the help and info. Researching now.
EZAir1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 07:18 PM   #17
cricketo
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCJEFE View Post
There are a number of people that I have seen that have chosen to run without a BMS apparently without issue.
Operating a Lithium pack without a BMS is like carrying a Glock - with a proper setup and diligence it is neither inherently safe or unsafe.

The reality of it though a lot of people want for this thing to charge when they plug in the charger, and run their vehicle when they need to. They have no time or desire to babysit the pack. That's when BMS is a must, just as a matter of practicality.
cricketo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 10:47 AM   #18
Fastest1
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCJEFE View Post
Just curious if Jimmy H. is "AZLithium" that sells heavily on Ebay? I hadn't really heard anything positive or negative about them yet...

What you're being told is not what most people seem to think around here... There are a number of people that I have seen that have chosen to run without a BMS apparently without issue. I've also seen several that have "bricked" modules because they either got out of balance because they weren't checking it or the cell voltage got to low because they didn't have a LV disconnect. If a cell's voltage goes to low just once it can cause the cell to break down internally and make it unsafe...

This is a great place to do some research and make an educated choice.

https://batteryuniversity.com/learn/

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I have bought leaf modules from Azlithium.
He delivered what was purchased no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Fastest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 12:02 PM   #19
izzybird
Gone Wild

Taylor-Dunn

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketo View Post
Operating a Lithium pack without a BMS is like carrying a Glock - with a proper setup and diligence it is neither inherently safe or unsafe.

The reality of it though a lot of people want for this thing to charge when they plug in the charger, and run their vehicle when they need to. They have no time or desire to babysit the pack. That's when BMS is a must, just as a matter of practicality.
Well said.
izzybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 12:51 PM   #20
Gainerman
Not Yet Wild

I have run these cells in 10s blocks , the size more versatile mounoting options only about 5 0r 6 ah per cell but if you get the 10s modules , they can be reconfigured finto 20ah units using the original mounting plate.
The way the modules are configured does make putting together a bms a pia. I use a hobby charger to charge the modules i/2 at a time. The cells bus bars are bolted on .and I remove the oem bms of the end of the modules to make em a bit more compact
Gainerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium