lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-21-2016, 10:18 PM   #1
Gringo Starr
Not Yet Wild

Question Replaced batteries and now the motor isn't responding?

I'm completely new here so bear with me. I've searched and couldn't find a similar problem to what I'm encountering here.

I just got a 2009 TXT from a client. The batteries that were in it were not holding a charge and the cart had sat unused for almost a year in his garage. I bought a new set of batteries, removed the old and replaced them, making sure to rewire it exactly the same way and put the charger to it. Charger seems to be working fine and now says the batteries are charged. Before, the cart responded and ran for a very short time. Now the headlights and tail lights come on but the motor doesn't respond. The backup beeper doesn't sound in reverse and the roll away alert doesn't sound when I push it. It's almost like it's stuck in the Tow/Maintenance position. The only thing I did was put it in tow position to change the batteries then clicked it back.

Did I miss something here? Thanks in advance.
Gringo Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-21-2016, 11:07 PM   #2
Gringo Starr
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Replaced batteries and now the motor isn't responding?

I guess I answered my own question. I took my multimeter to the Tow/Maintenance switch and it has a bad connection. I jumped it and all worked perfectly. I'll pick up a new one tomorrow.
Old 12-22-2016, 10:30 AM   #3
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Did you switch to tow/maintenance before changing the batteries? Does the solenoid click when you try to go? Reed switch? Sometimes when people bypass the reed switch they take it directly to the battery pack positive, and I've seen a lot of time when people change batteries that little wire will fall down and get over looked. It is where the activation circuit gets power from to operate the solenoid and power up the control.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 06:27 PM   #4
Gringo Starr
Not Yet Wild

It was the Tow/maintenance switch not making a solid connection. I replaced it today and all is right with the universe.
Old 12-22-2016, 06:29 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Good to hear it, thank you
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO